• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Zelda Something in Zelda You'd Like to See More of

Zelda has a lot of neat things in it and a lot of these things carry over, namely weapons and characters in some form or another, but have there been any elements within a Zelda game (outside of items and characters) which you wanted to see more of but never did which didn't really come back in any future games beyond its first appearance?

I have a few;

-Ghost ship in WW, it just wasn't used enough in the game (it did come back in PH but it just didn't have the magic or atmosphere)
-Skydiving in SS, one of the few things i did like in SS was wasting time hurtling through the air and aiming for the columns of light before i ran out of airspace
-Masks, perhaps not with the magical powers of MM's but i'd like some more mask sidequests or masks that could give us little easter eggs

have fun

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
-Masks with the abilities and range of Majora's Mask.
This little concpt that started out as a mere trading quest in Ocarina of Time expanded so many times over, I feel it could've blown up. I absolutely want o see more of the masks within Zelda. I mean, come on, you can't tel me they weren't cool!​
-Magic Meter (C/P inbound)
I'm rather tired of the Zelda series' lack of options within gameplay (and when I say options, I don't mean directions in which you can slash ), but what I really want is a magic meter to return. We haven't seen it for 10 years as I recall, nor have we seen magic proper in like 10 years (or extend that if you feel AoL is the pinnacle of magic in Zelda, which many actually do). The game could use more resource management, and the Magic Meter is the way to go. Full-blown spells, movement speed modifiers, defensive and offensive...come on. The possibilities are practically endless.​

DarkestLink

Darkest of all Dark Links
Magical items. Not something like Dins Fire or Light Arrows which required the magic meter, but more like MM's mask which each had their own individual effect and cost nothing.

Magical weapons
Weapons like Ball & Chain or the hammer
Songs to play on your instrument that you can actually do

Fede-hime

All about the treasure
Magic meter. I miss my meter.
Fishing sidequest. I like to fish. It was especially fun fishing on the Great Sea for marlin.
Chu Jelly. We've had ChuChus, which I love btw, but no Chu Jelly. Where's the jelly for potions?

Snoober

P O K E M O N M A S T E R
I would personally like to see more Sword types like in ALttP.

I'd like to see more stealth sequences in Zelda. They've grown on me and Nintendo has progressively managed to improve these segments. The Silent Realms were heart pounding and atmospheric.

Being a fanboy, I wouldn't mind the return of the ocarina. No musical instrument in the series has been as successful before or since.

Jumping on the bandwagon, the magic meter is a must have. I'd prefer a combination of magic consuming items like in A Link to the Past with spells including Din's Fire, Farore's Wind, and Nayru's Love from Ocarina of Time.

Curmudgeon

default setting: sarcastic prick
Weapons that affect the tactical approach to the game like the Biggoron Sword. I know link is a sword guy, but there are a ton of different blades out there with distinct capabilities and attendant combat styles.

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
So yeah!

Am pretty much with everyone with the magic metre! We haven't seen it utilised in recent titles so I would love to soem sort of magic integration return in future titles! However I still think that the concept of Magic in Zelda games was never used to its full potential.

Upgrades and all that should return but I would also love to see more and a bigger variety of magic powers as well....In Ocarina of Time we had the likes of Dins fire! So if Zelda expand on this idea and come up with more elemental powers that we can possibly utilise, then In my opinion it will add to the range of combat at Links disposal and certainly make for more diverse encounters with enemies :)

Like a few have also said I would like to see more usage of the fire, ice, light arrows Ect. But again I think Nintendo could expand on this idea by not only making them more useful and important throughout the game but to give these elemental variations to Links other items such as his Sword, boomerang and various other items!

O

OGCeegKTA

I'd like to see more stealth sequences in Zelda. They've grown on me and Nintendo has progressively managed to improve these segments. The Silent Realms were heart pounding and atmospheric.

Being a fanboy, I wouldn't mind the return of the ocarina. No musical instrument in the series has been as successful before or since.

Jumping on the bandwagon, the magic meter is a must have. I'd prefer a combination of magic consuming items like in A Link to the Past with spells including Din's Fire, Farore's Wind, and Nayru's Love from Ocarina of Time.

YES! YES! YES!
To both, but mostly stealth sequences. I remember doing the silent realms in SS & my heart was racing to find the tears of the goddesses.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom