• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

"Something Important," and the Triforce's Different Meaning?

Locke

Hegemon
Site Staff
I think we can get a lot of discussion out of these two topics from the Nintendo Power Aonuma interview. They're both new and very ambiguous, inviting many different paths of speculation.

This time around, the harp comes into Link’s hands during the course of the game and is used to help the player find something important. You actually need to play the harp to use it, so to speak. The design is the same as the harp that Sheik has in Ocarina of Time.
This time around, the Triforce sort of takes on a different meaning and plays a different role in the story.
When I first read these, I thought they could be related, but I'm not really sure. Ocarina of Time 3D implies that the Triforce never left the Sacred Realm though not from lack of trying. As I said in the news post, I think they're going to surprise us with the Triforce's new role. I think the harp will have something to do with some Sheikah-related artifact, but it wouldn't be something we've seen before.

Well, in Ocarina of Time, they said that:
Three golden goddesses descended
upon the chaos that was Hyrule...
Since the E3 2010 interview with Eiji Aonuma, when we were informed that Hyrule was full of evil, I think it's fairly easy to say that they are not yet present in Hyrule at the time of Skyward Sword. I don't know how this would connect with the "goddess" that is worshiped on Skyloft, but unless she is like the Triforce and is able to split her soul into the three parts: Din, Nayru, and Farore (saying that the Triforce has a "different meaning" in this game, then perhaps).

But I'm just saying, that Hyrule is definitely chaotic in Skyward Sword. So, I feel that a major event may occur near the end of the game where they take Hyrule and do what they were said to have done in one of the cutscenes of Ocarina of Time:

Din... With her strong flaming arms, she
cultivated the land and created
the red earth.
Nayru... Poured her wisdom onto the earth
and gave the spirit of law to
the world.
Farore... With her rich soul, produced all
life forms who would uphold
the law.
I may have mis-interpreted the entire thing, since I'm terrible at developing theories, but this sort of seems like what may happen, in my opinion.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
Well, in Ocarina of Time, they said that:
Since the E3 2010 interview with Eiji Aonuma, when we were informed that Hyrule was full of evil, I think it's fairly easy to say that they are not yet present in Hyrule at the time of Skyward Sword. I don't know how this would connect with the "goddess" that is worshiped on Skyloft, but unless she is like the Triforce and is able to split her soul into the three parts: Din, Nayru, and Farore (saying that the Triforce has a "different meaning" in this game, then perhaps).

But I'm just saying, that Hyrule is definitely chaotic in Skyward Sword. So, I feel that a major event may occur near the end of the game where they take Hyrule and do what they were said to have done in one of the cutscenes of Ocarina of Time:

I may have mis-interpreted the entire thing, since I'm terrible at developing theories, but this sort of seems like what may happen, in my opinion.

The "chaos that was Hyrule" is referring to the world being nothingness. It became Hyrule later.

The "chaos that was Hyrule" is referring to the world being nothingness. It became Hyrule later.

How can you be so sure? Was that said somewhere? Hyrule in Skyward Sword is pretty much "chaotic", and as far as I am concerned, it is something Nintendo could work off of. They said there were events in Skyward Sword that would connect it to Ocarina of Time and this could easily be one of them. It could also be easily not, but I am allowed to make a few inferences here and there--I don't have to be a theorist to do that.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
How can you be so sure? Did they say that anywhere? Hyrule in Skyward Sword is pretty much "chaotic", and as far as I am concerned, it is something Nintendo could work off of. They said there were events in Skyward Sword that would connect it to Ocarina of Time and this could easily be one of them. It could also be easily not, but I am allowed to make a few inferences here and there--I don't have to be a theorist to do that.

How can I be sure? You said it in your quotes. That the goddesses created the world and life within it. If the world wasn't created yet, how could Hyrule already be a land? (It's also clearly depicted in the cut-scene shown after Gohma is defeated in OoT along with those quotes.)

Locke

Hegemon
Site Staff
The problem with the creation story happening after Skyward Sword is that Hyrule has obviously already been created. Din "created the red earth," which we can see in SS so it must have happened before that. Farore "produced all life forms" which would include the ones we see in SS.

The problem with the creation story happening after Skyward Sword is that Hyrule has obviously already been created. Din "created the red earth," which we can see in SS so it must have happened before that. Farore "produced all life forms" which would include the ones we see in SS.

True, Locke. And you too, JJ. I already spoke with JJ about it and I was mainly focusing on Nayru's "bringing law and order to the world". I suppose if they were figuratively speaking, it would have made more sense, but I doubt they were. I don't think Nintendo puts "parable-like" stories into their games much. I kind of thought that the entire duty that Nayru had with the creation of Hyrule seemed to have fitted well into bringing Skyward Sword's "land below" back to peace and such, but I honestly always find loopholes in the fail-theories I make--whether they are found when I make them or a long time later after someone points them out.

Luigidude64

Suzune Supporter
Hey, Locke? Did you get the 'Our God is an Awsome God' from a church song or something? (hear it at my church a lot)

Djinn

and Tonic
I'm wondering if the Triforce role in this game will be the Triforce as the symbol of the gods, and not so much the Triforce the shiny gold thing that grants wishes. Since ALTTP when the first origin was made, it was called the symbol of the godss carrying their essence. However outside of some Hylian symbolism on buildings it has not had much of a role as a piece of the gods still present in the world. It has always been the goal of greedy individuals that want to have a wish granted. Simply being a part of the creators of the world it holds an incredible amount of significance even if it had no ability to turn ordinary people into heroes and dark lords. They are an ancient holy relic as old as the universe itself. Any other possible uses could be the ability to communicate directly with or at least understand the greater powers of the universe. Many would wish to get their hands on it just for that.

The backstory of ALTTP did state that people were not a zealous about obtaining the Triforce until the Book of Mudora was written.
If it were only a symbol of the gods, the Triforce would be coveted by many. But a verse from the Book of Mudora (a collection of Hylian legends and lore) made the Triforce even more desirable

That yearning for the Triforce soon turned to lust for power, which in turn led to the spilling of blood. Soon the only motive left among those searching for the Triforce was pure greed.
It seems that the Book of Mudora was what caused people to change their opinions on the Triforce and wanted it for themselves because of the power it could provide. This shows that as the opinions changed, the concept behind the Triforce changed with it. It was only a tool for gaining power and granting wishes after that point.

The Manual of ALTTP earlier states that the Triforce was left to "govern" the land.
After forming all that is, when it was time for them to depart this realm, the gods consummated the land with a symbol forged of their own power, in the form of a sacred, golden, triangle: the "Triforce." Their course finally running to completion, the gods left the Triforce to govern this land.

Lanayru makes a few statements on the sacred realm as well.
混沌とし何もない世界に神々は 降臨し生命と秩序を造られ
The goddesses descended to the world of chaos where there was nothing at all, and created life and order.
When all was chaos, the goddesses descended and gave order and life to the world.

そして、全ての者達に平等に力を与え 天へお戻りになられた
And after granting power equally to all people, they returned to the heavens.
They granted power equally to all who dwelt in the light, and then returned to the heavens.

神々が最初に降り立った地は聖地と呼ばれ
The place where the goddesses first landed is called the holy land.
The lands where the goddesses descended came to be known as the Sacred Realm.

世界は長きにわたり信心深い者達の心で平安であった…
For a long time, the world was at peace, with people's hearts being deeply faithful…
For ages, the people lived at ease, content in mind and body…

しかし、やがて聖地ハイラルを巡り争いが起こった
But at length, a rivalry ensued over Hyrule, the holy land.
But soon, word of the Sacred Realm spread through Hyrule, and a great battle ensued…

人々の中に、魔術に長けた者達が現れ
In the midst of the people, persons who excelled at magic appeared.
Among those living in the light, interlopers who excelled at magic appeared.

強力な魔力によって聖地を治めようとした
With powerful sorcery, they tried to rule the holy land.
Wielding powerful sorcery, they tried to establish dominion over the Sacred Realm.

しかし、神は我ら光の精霊を遣わし その者達の巨大なる魔力を封じこませたのだ
But the goddesses sent us light spirits to seal away the gigantic magic of those people.
It was then that the goddesses ordered us three light spirits to intervene. We sealed away the great magic those individuals had mastered.

The first thing I noticed was that Lanayru did not mention the Triforce at all, only that the Interlopers invaded the Sacred Realm and wanted to rule it. The cutscene in TP does show the Triforce, but then shows it being totally eclipsed by the Fused Shadow. This was still Link's personal interpretation of the events but Lanayru keeping the important aspect of the Triforce out of the story might mean that the Triforce could not have been the ultimate goal of the interlopers. It is largely assumed on part of the players because in every game before the Triforce was the all encompassing goal for the player and Ganondorf. Establishing domination over the Sacred Realm sounds like it could be different, that they wished to conquer and keep the holy land to themselves. Maintaining dominance over the very spot the gods touched down on the mortal world would be very important for any people, and I would assume wars could be started over who would be allowed to even enter it or own it.

So SS could take place before the myth of the Triforce transformed into the greed based ideal that it could grant all the wishes of the one who finds it. The Sacred Realm was still considered a holy space sacred to the gods. This could also be why the Siren Realm has guardians, those chosen to protect a sacred space from would be invading mortals that tread on holy land. But that is much more of a theory that cannot be backed up right now.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
Hey, Locke? Did you get the 'Our God is an Awsome God' from a church song or something? (hear it at my church a lot)

Yes, he did, and he used the red, blue, and green colors to reference Din, Nayru, and Farore, but what does this have to do with the thread?

The first thing I noticed was that Lanayru did not mention the Triforce at all, only that the Interlopers invaded the Sacred Realm and wanted to rule it. The cutscene in TP does show the Triforce, but then shows it being totally eclipsed by the Fused Shadow. This was still Link's personal interpretation of the events but Lanayru keeping the important aspect of the Triforce out of the story might mean that the Triforce could not have been the ultimate goal of the interlopers.

I'm sure the "dark interlopers" were after the Triforce, but that that wasn't the end of their mission. I mean, if you're evil and you're going after the Triforce, you're not stopping there. You're gonna take over the world with it, right? Clearly Hyrule and the rest of the world was the real thing the interlopers wanted, just like with Ganondorf. The best way to get it, though, would be through obtaining the Triforce, as it's the ultimate power that no magic can defeat. So what you're saying is completely correct and is really an easy conclusion to come to by just thinking about it.

I wonder will "the three"; Link, Zelda, and Ganondorf --or should I say two-- even be assigned their respective Triforce part yet in Skyward Sword. ...hmm.

i think that the triforce may be a reassures of power that is needed to forge the master sword

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom