• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild some questions

Hi Guys

Here I am back with some more queries.
In the Inserted Image I have marked there numbers 1, 2 & 3

My First Question is :
what do these suggest( 1,2 & 3) ?
sp. on # 1 , my sword is 0 --->14 how will interpret the arrow sign and the two numbers ( 0 & 14)

My second Question is :
-How exactly do I pass time, I have a torch and a flint. ( idea is that the rain goes by, but I don't want to wait in real game-time mode). can I light my torch anywhere , even in rain and doze off ? how does one do that ( with ctrl buttons please, if possible)

My Third Question is :
- I have bought the hylian hood from Kakariko village . The hylian hood....does it protect from lightning ? (it was getting sold as :protect against heavy weather).
why I ask : thats how it was getting sold as (incl. harsh sunshine)

My 4rth Question is ( actually a small grief) :

- If one has to navigate from the weapons to the 'cooked stuff'.(lets take the attached image file again as reference) . for example , one has to scroll completely to the right (via bows, then shield, then clothes, then the apple icon and finally the cooked stuff. Same goes the other way round too. This is time consuming and sequential scrolling through all the items gets a bit boring & irritating.

Thanks All !

Attachments

• zelda.png
    zelda.png
    393 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
1 shows the strength of your item/clothing. In this case your sword. The strength in this case is 14. I think the left number is the number of the defense. But I'm not sure about it.
2 shows the weather. If it's cold or sunny or hot or rainy

Question 2: I wouldn't use it in the rain. You got a flint and a torch. But you also need wood. It's actually very easy. You can cut trees with your sword or with the bomb. If you use a sword you usually have to slash into the fallen tree again to get wood. Now toss wood on the floor and then drop your flint. Use a metal sword and hit the flint. Then you got fire. Now light your torch with it. You can make fire everywhere but be careful when it rains. Then it's just a waste of your items.
To make time go by simply stand next to the fire and text will appear asking you if you wanna wait and then you can choose your options.

Third question: No, it doesn't protect you from the weather environments. Even when fully upgraded. So yeah it's a cool kinda armor but it doesn't do anything special.

Fourth question: There is a faster way. When you got your sword equipped you can scroll through your swords by simply pressing the right button on your left side. The up arrow is to browse through your specials like cryonis etc. Unfortunately yes, I think we all have to scroll through the whole menu if we wanna search for something special.

Last edited:

dtc

What Vanessa said and also:
2. You can also get a fire weapon (in the colosseum there are some, even though you have to do all divine bests in order to make them appear, you can also go to skull lake in akkala region, there is a shrine there with a fire sword) or you can use a red chuchu jelly (obtained from fire chuchus and you can also transform a normal jelly into a red one if it enters in contact with fire)
3. There is actually a way to become immune to lightining, that is getting the thunder helm. To get it you have to do the Gerudo divine beast and then do some sidequests, after doing them, Riju will give you the helm. (btw the gerudo beast was the hardest to me so mind that)

Okay Guyz, I think I got the Jist here.
yesterday I worked up a flame like : throw wood on floor and light it up with fire arrow.
I am quiet peaceful with that for now :)

with #2 (Image) I can gauge that how much cold can I bear.
with #3 (Image) I can gauge that how much 'climb' prowess I posses.

Hope I am right.

Vanessa28
you mentioned the left number could be the defense.....but a sword having a 'defense' ...I could be quizzed here, because for 'defense' purposes I will vouch the shield. can anyone mention what that number on the left denotes please. ?

@dtc ,, firstly thanks for the reply...but I just would't know what a divine beast is , and regions like akkala are at present beyond bounds for me. I have just run the Great Plateau and going through the region (i think) : forest of time. The rest of the map is all blackened out...so I guess Much much to find out there.

and Yeah....(for Nintendo) ...it's at times a pain having to scroll through the whole menu if we wanna search for something special. ( as Vanessa28 put it)

Thanks All.

more Later ;)

dtc

Hey, i have remembered that there is a great flameblade in the ancient tree stump (i think that was the name), in central hyrule, pretty close to the plateau. Its a giant tree with some enemies and the weapon, just grab it and teleport away. Oh and i dont remember that forest of time but it seems like a place in central hyrule. Beware the guardians in there because they can be a pain in the b*tt (unless you do like me and save and reload till i managed to do a parry well to defeat theem)

Hey, i have remembered that there is a great flameblade in the ancient tree stump (i think that was the name), in central hyrule, pretty close to the plateau. Its a giant tree with some enemies and the weapon, just grab it and teleport away. Oh and i dont remember that forest of time but it seems like a place in central hyrule. Beware the guardians in there because they can be a pain in the b*tt (unless you do like me and save and reload till i managed to do a parry well to defeat theem)
I usually do the same thing with the Guardians, but as far as the enemies go, they're really not that tough.

Reactions: dtc

dtc

I usually do the same thing with the Guardians, but as far as the enemies go, they're really not that tough.
Now i either defeat them the classic way (master sword/ancient weapon and hit him till he dies (and stasis it to reset beam) or i take risks and try to perfect parry. Btw i have noticed that when i have daruks shield on i deflect the beams easier with a parry,.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom