• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Some Questions for You Zelda Theory Savvy ZD Members

Batman

Not all those who wander are lost...
I’m sure these questions have been exhausted in the past, but I’m relatively new here and I don’t see threads addressing these issues on the first page, so I’ll ask.

1. How does Ganondorf obtain the Triforce of Power in Twilight Princess during the execution scene?

2. When Princess Zelda sends Link back to his youth at the end of Ocarina of Time, what happens to the Triforce of Courage? I think that Young Link possesses it when he returns to his past, so what happens to it in the Adult Era of the timeline? Is it missing? If not, where did it come from? It obviously reappears sometime in the future because we are tasked with finding it in The Wind Waker.

3. What is the Dark World in Four Swords Adventures? Are the Dark Work and the Dark Mirror the Twilight Realm and the Mirror of Twilight?

4. I noticed in Hyrule Historia that the section on Four Swords Adventures says that the Light Force used to rest within the Four Sword. But as I understand it, the Light Force used to rest within Princess Zelda, not the Four Sword. What’s up with that?

I know that I can answer 2 correctly.... i hope.
It is explained to us in windwaker that after the hero of time left he left the triforce of courage behind the triforce of courage is split into 8 pieces and hidden to keep it away from ganondorf.
feel free to correct me, i might be a little off.

L

links-shadow

Well, as number 1 goes...

I would say that Ganondorf always possessed the Triforce of Power, but at the point of his death it activated within him, giving him the power to live on.

Locke

Hegemon
Site Staff
1. How does Ganondorf obtain the Triforce of Power in Twilight Princess during the execution scene?

2. When Princess Zelda sends Link back to his youth at the end of Ocarina of Time, what happens to the Triforce of Courage? I think that Young Link possesses it when he returns to his past, so what happens to it in the Adult Era of the timeline? Is it missing? If not, where did it come from? It obviously reappears sometime in the future because we are tasked with finding it in The Wind Waker.
These are both related. I thought HH answered these, but looking at it now, it's a little vague.

Link bears the proof of his courage on the back of his hand. Because Ganondorf was sealed away along with the Triforce of Power, the rest of the Triforce remained with the chosen ones. - HH, p. 110
It's odd that they mention Ganondorf being sealed, since that happens on the AT, not the CT which this passage is about. I think it might be a mistake, or at least an oversimplification. Either way, we know one thing for sure, and can infer another. Link carries the crest of the ToC when he returns to the past. This is shown in-game and stated accurately a few times in HH. Second, the CT Triforce was forced to separate to the chosen ones without anyone entering the SR and touching it.

The Ganondorf of this timeline is able to wield magic due to his possession of the Triforce of Power. However, since Link was able to warn Princess Zelda of the future, Ganondorf did not enter the Sacred Realm or lay his hands on the completed Triforce. Link returning from the future bearing the Triforce of Courage made it so that Ganondorf was unable to consolidate the omnipotent power of the Triforce within himself. - HH, p. 113

This passage doesn't make much sense either. Why wouldn't Ganondorf be able to consolidate the Triforce? Wouldn't he simply need to bring the chosen ones together like he did twice in the AT? This one does say that Link actually returned with the ToC itself, not just its crest. I suppose in a roundabout way it's trying to say that this caused the Triforce to be split, granting Ganondorf the ToP (before he was able to enter the SR and try to take the whole thing). So that answers your first question.

The second question is answered in WW. The HoT departing from the timeline caused the ToC to break apart and spread across Hyrule. That's why WW-Link has to salvage the pieces. Of course, there's the awkward notion of the ToC remaining on the AT while still being carried to the CT. However, there are not two copies of it on the CT. The one he 'brought from the AT' is actually the CT version. What he really carried was the proof of courage, causing the CT Triforce to instantly split and fall into the hands of its rightful owners.

3. What is the Dark World in Four Swords Adventures? Are the Dark Work and the Dark Mirror the Twilight Realm and the Mirror of Twilight?
It's been a very long time since this topic has been addressed. It requires digging into the Japanese names to get a straight answer. If I remember correctly, they are not the same, though there was a lot of debate surrounding it. However, this was many years ago. Frankly FSA's position on the new timeline shows me a possible intention of connecting the two. The only barrier to this would be the fact that that Mirror of Twilight was destroyed, though it's possible that there is more than one mirror.

4. I noticed in Hyrule Historia that the section on Four Swords Adventures says that the Light Force used to rest within the Four Sword. But as I understand it, the Light Force used to rest within Princess Zelda, not the Four Sword. What’s up with that?
Just ignore everything HH says about FSA. Most of it is wrong. It also says that Link released Ganon (instead of Vaati) from the FS at the beginning of the game, for example. In this case, it's just Force that used to rest within the Four Sword, not the Light Force specifically. (unless, of course, they're trying to retcon that)

This is a notable oddity though. At the same time that HH seems to be pushing a stronger, more centralized concept of "force", SS (at least partially) retconned the source of Zelda's power, initially described in MC to be the LF. So, what is it? Hylia or the Light Force? What exactly is the Light Force? Is it related to Hylia? I think they'll be expanding on the Light Force in the future.

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
Batman said:
Well this was because of the balance of power among Hyrule. If you remember when Link was sent to the past at the ending of OoT he now has the proof of a hero and the Triforce of Courage. This means that essentially the balance of the Triforce was uneven and thus explains how he received it during his execution. Since his true intentions showed power and thus by a "divine prank'' he was gifted the ToP.

Batman said:
Hmmm I would say that Link didn't simply take the Triforce of Courage back to the Child Era, the Triforce isn't an object as such. Link now had showed he was a here so when he returned to the Child Era he now in a sense earned the ToC. Here's a quote from HH...
''This time, the back of Link’s hand was shining with the proof of the Triforce of Courage''

Batman said:
You raise a very interesting question here, Four Swords Adventures is sometimes ignored in the lore of Zelda and the Dark World here is actually different to the Dark World seen in A Link to the Past. For one both actually lie on separate timelines, and another point is the Dark World from A Link to the Past is actually the Sacred Realm. This was due to Ganon gaining domain and the Sages sealed him inside with the Triforce, thus turning it into the Dark World, now since FSA lies on another split this turn of events did not happen. However the CT is relatively unknown at the moment with little connections between games and maybe there is a much similar event where Ganon did again gain access to the Sacred Realm. However I like to think of the Twilight Realm being the alternate version of the Dark World and looking further into FSA and that version of the Dark World there are even more similarities.

Batman said:
Well Vaati originally thought that the Light Force was hidden inside the chest that Four Sword sealed however it was secretly within the Princess of that time and was passed down to the current Zelda in TMC. Am not sure where about it states that in HH but the Four Sword was used to seal away evil and mainly Vaati as well as Ganondorf.

Last edited:

Batman

Not all those who wander are lost...
Thank all you guys for your great answers, Locke and justac00lguy especially.

Locke said:
Most of it is wrong. It also says that Link released Ganon (instead of Vaati) from the FS at the beginning of the game, for example.

I've noticed that. I knew that section had serious problems when I read that side note about Link releasing Ganon from the Four Sword instead of Vaati. It's either a typo, or evidence that the author was simply confused when writing that section.

Imprisoned

*~German Sparkle Party~*
I think, as number two is,
Wind Waker could...possibly...be what happened to the Triforce of Courage...?
The KoRL DID say
That when the Hero of Time left Hyrule, he was separated from the elements that made him a hero.
Please tell me if this is legit.

felipe970421

Mardek Innanu El-Enkidu
I think, as number two is,
Wind Waker could...possibly...be what happened to the Triforce of Courage...?
The KoRL DID say
That when the Hero of Time left Hyrule, he was separated from the elements that made him a hero.
Please tell me if this is legit.

Yes, there is a ToC on each timeline, when Link returned to the CT, the ToC went to him, as he was the bearer (as this made the triforce incomplete, the ToW and ToP went to Zelda and Ganon respectively, because they were the bearers on the other timeline, this suggests the Triforce has a sort of memory that maintains through timelines).

The ToC that was on Link on the AT found itself without a bearer, so it split

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom