• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Some Considerations for Voice-acting

Chiraku

Demon slayer
I've heard how people are saying that voice-acting would spoil the way how Zelda works. And I can Agree, Link talking instead of being a mute can make it seem like he's not a 'link' to the player anymore.

But what if they pushed voice acting to the medium level? The first level is like OoT or TP, little to no talking, just grunts. The final Level is to have voice acting completely, like in Thief or Halo. But what's in the middle? Have you ever played the Megaman Zero games? In there, the bosses and the main player himself don't have any voice acting for the little conversation before battle. During battle however, the boss will say stuff as he attacks, like laughing if he jumps away from your attack, or saying 'give it up!' when he performs his strongest attack.

So why can't Zelda be a little like that? Like Link not talking for himself, but saying something as a sound-effect. Like say when he almost finishes a boss's strategy (Like, say, hooking up Gleeok's tongues in PH), but then say it attack's him before he can finish, knocking him to the back of the room, and he says something like 'One more time!' or something.

I dunno, what do you guys think?

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
I think this would be a great idea. I think that Link deserves to have a voice. In fact, I wouldn't mind complete voice acting. Although, it's possible that the voice acting may... be a complete failure. I think that's what most people are scared of. I forget who, but another user mention that he thought Link should have voice acting, but the kind of voice acting Midna had. I think it's a good idea, but Midna's voice really bothered me. So I would say no to that. But maybe voice acting like you said, I think that could go over pretty well, and is something I'd like to see.

Hero of…. #s, I guess
*low, demonic growl* Link doesn't talk. I may seem like a stickler who is unprepared for change, but in my book, Link doesn't talk

/demonic growl

LolGames4U

Viceroy of Area 11
Video games are becoming more and more like movies with complete voice acting and Zelda NEEDS it. I don't have a problem with Link having a voice at all and I think it's vital to the development of the series and the characters.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
I don't mind voice-acting being implemented at all. Of course, Link needs to stay silent, that's just how that works. I'm not saying this because it's "traditional," I'm just saying that that's one of the things that makes Zelda what it is. If it is implemented, though, I think there needs to be the option to turn it off, as we know some people are just flat out against it.

Volvagia

Gentlemanly Lava Dragon
I think that Nintendo might just pull it off if they give it a try. It's a delicate matter trying to get it just right. It can either be fantastic or utterly unconvincing ( *cough* *cough* CD-I games). It would be different, but that doesn't mean it would ruin the game. They wouldn't mess up the voice acting with so many fans buying the games.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom