• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Some Advice

tysonrss

Keyblade Master
Okay, here we go.

I have been talking to a girl for a little over 2 weeks. Our bond grew very quickly and we have told each other things that we would never tell anyone else, we trust each other, so she and I say. However, she's been in a "relationship" with someone for a long time but it was an online relationship, she never met the guy and she said it's been 2 weeks since they talked, that he stopped talking to her. Which is why she started looking agian, well not really looking but flirting. She was a flirt with me at first but things changed as I said above.

Now I've asked her many questions about things over teh course of 2 weeks, I told her I wasn't willing to be her spongedoll, someone to for her to wipe her tears on or rebound on if her "relationship" doesn't work out. She said she had no intention of using me and that her feelings were growing for me the more we talked about our pasts and what not. Because we have so much in common growing up and stuff.

I've told her that I feel like she has been just flirting with me and telling me what I want to hear to keep me around but she insisted that wasn't the case. Then wednesday, I guess we got into another deep discussion and I felt like she just wanted to be solely friends, so I told her we should take a day or two off from each other, my reason was so that I could calm my feelings for her down and see her as a friend. Well it hasn't really been 2 days she contacted me earlier first(so I thought she was thinking about me and that she actually cared)and I told her I missed talking to her heheh, she said the same(though didn't really seem it, maybe it's just me?)and I asked her if she saw us together in the future some time just so I could know for certain. She said it was possible, if we met and hung out some. She said she would like that.

Now here's the problem. A friend of mine believes she's just saying things to keep me around as someone to fall back on or whatever, that's she's jsut playing with my mind. Sometimes I feel that's true, other times I don't. She did say I was the first person she could ever be herself with and that she likes talking to me and stuff of that nature. But there's been something bugging me, I told her to add me on Facebook and she said "I will later" although that day my account was deleted. So when we firstly did Skype she was talking about facebook(and the skype thing was so weird and awkward she was realy nervous, as was I aha)and I told her to add me again and I posted my facebook page so she could just add me she then said "wait, you want me to add you now?!" I was shocked, it got me thinking, what does she have to hide?

After skype she said she tried to add me but she couldn't because I deleted my fb again. People are telling me to stay away from her, but I'm confused.

Do you people think she's playing me for a fool or being serious? The Facebook ordeal has really got me thinking though because I don't see the problem with it, she has to be hiding something I feel.

Either she's self-conscious about herself or is faking a relationship to try to gain something from you. You could say this thread falls in tandem with your previous "He's Too Nice" Phrase one.

I recommend monitoring her Skype and Facebook activity. Did she truly drop her online boyfriend and has she had any previous relationships with men in real life? If so, examine when these might have been. If she was dating another guy recently then you're obviously being duped and it's not worth spending your time with her.

It's equally possible, however, that you're the first guy she's ever approached in real life and she's stumbling like a traditional novice from an unfamiliar experience. If that's the case, you should cement what similarities you share and convince her that you're someone she can trust in times of happiness and despair. Hope that helped a bit.

tysonrss

Keyblade Master
Either she's self-conscious about herself or is faking a relationship to try to gain something from you. You could say this thread falls in tandem with your previous "He's Too Nice" Phrase one.

I recommend monitoring her Skype and Facebook activity. Did she truly drop her online boyfriend and has she had any previous relationships with men in real life? If so, examine when these might have been. If she was dating another guy recently then you're obviously being duped and it's not worth spending your time with her.

It's equally possible, however, that you're the first guy she's ever approached in real life and she's stumbling like a traditional novice from an unfamiliar experience. If that's the case, you should cement what similarities you share and convince her that you're someone she can trust in times of happiness and despair. Hope that helped a bit.

She barely gets on Skype only for video which we only did once, but she has been wanting to try many times I just can't do it yet.

She hasn't really "dropped" him, but she says they haven't talked and she says that she doesn't even want to have the relationship because of the distance and that she doesn't "feel herself" around him. She has said she has never dated anyone in real life.

And she claims that she trusts me and can tell me anything, I have also felt the same, but still I feel like I'm not being told important things...

Thanks.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
hmmmm ALIT made some good points. Why doesn't she want to add you on facebook right away? I mean if you trully like someone it shouldn't be a problem. Maybe she does trully like you but she got something to hdie for sure. Do you know her real name? Maybe you can search for her on facebook yourself

tysonrss

Keyblade Master
hmmmm ALIT made some good points. Why doesn't she want to add you on facebook right away? I mean if you trully like someone it shouldn't be a problem. Maybe she does trully like you but she got something to hdie for sure. Do you know her real name? Maybe you can search for her on facebook yourself

She posted her name so I could search for it but she wouldn't come up, I think she made it so no one could search for her -_- so she could play it off as if something is wrong and just forget about it. One thing is for certain, when she comes back home, I'm definitely gonna ask her about it, I need to know like Hell.

Sir Quaffler

May we meet again
I'm not the best at relationships - I think I made that abundantly clear in that "He's Just Too Nice" thread. But I'm gonna agree with the other people here. From what you've said she's not being really honest and seems to be hiding something. I don't know if this would describe her accurately, but there are people out there who simply are not comfortable being alone. Her contacting you before those 2 days apart were up and other things might suggest this. And that shock at being asked to add you on fb seems highly suspect to me. If I were you, I'd check up on the relationship status between her and that other guy she was with to make sure you're not being played the fool, as I have several times in the past.

Again, take my words with a grain of salt. But this is just the view of someone who has as an outsider seen these types of relationships go sour, so take from that what you will.

Joy

The Sexy One
What bothers me most about your story is this : is she still in a relationship with her boyfriend? Does he know she's flirting with other people and have they broken up? Sounds to me that they're going through a bad period and she's just using you until their relationship gets better or break up. Ask her if she's getting rid of him for sure or if she'd like to stay with him.

It seems from my point of view that she wants to use you as an option. If she breaks up with him she can say that she'll go out with you or whatever, and if she stays with him she can still be your friend. She has history with that guy and doesn't want to rush into things.

Oh and ask for a link to her facebook so you can stalk her a little.

tysonrss

Keyblade Master
Thanks you guys.

I think you all are right, time to use my brain for this one. And it clearly is speaking a different language from what my heart says.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom