• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Solo Runs

T

TriforceFan

It's very rare that anyone has done a solo run in a Pokemon game, but if you would do one, which Pokemon would you do it with? And if you had already done one, what Pokemon did you do it with, and how challenging was it?

I did one before and my Pokemon was actually Turtwig's evolved forms. It was surprisingly easy for me. The only really challenging part of it was defeating the Elite Four and Cynthia's Milotic (I still find it really challenging :( ). However, it was very fun for me.

What about your experiences? Comments, please! :)

VikzeLink

The Destructive One
Staff member
Iv'e tried it once on Pokémon Gold with a Feraligatr, but it bored me, so I quit it after six gyms. If I would ever do it again, I would pick a Cyndaquil-Quilava-Typhlosion since it's my favorite family (Cyndaquil is favorite pokémon)

I've done this a few times before when I was fairly young. I first did it on Pokemon Blue with Squirtle/Wartortle/Blastoise, I did it again with Totodile/Croconaw/Feraligatr. If I could, I would go back in time and stop myself, showing myself the fun behind the pokemon series. It was a total waste of time and when I look back on it, I realise it sucks all the fun, difficulty and tactics out of the game. I much prefer to try and build a team that works well together, e.g.g reducing the number of pokemon with a weakness to a certain type as low as possible, getting maximum type coverage with each of my pokemon... etc.

i will probably never do that but if i where to try, id probably use chimchar. he looks so awesome and i haven't played diamond or pearl yet :(

When I was younger I played through Pokemon Red only using Squirtles evolution family. I never decided to do it, I just loved Blastoise a lot. By the time I got to the Elite Four my blastoise was around level 80-85 I think

i would do this with a vaporeon or a charizard, seems like a good challenge. i would think that it would overtrain your pokemon, though, making a lot of challenges simple. you would also need a lot of ethers for the elite 4

i done it a couple times with dragonites. i trade eggs over at the beginning of games and just let dragonite destroy. but i think doing a duo run is more fun. so you can get a one two punch, and do doule battles

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom