• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Solitude or company?

D

Deleted member 14134

Depends on my mood. Company if it's good company. Otherwise solitude.

onebizarrekai

gay energy
I would say I prefer solitude but I kind of wish I had a balance, maybe then I'd like spending time around people more.

Well, as long as this company is the right kind, obviously.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
I like both. I'm from a large family with 7 people at the house when I was a kid. Plus several pets and grandparents and an uncle who came to visit very often. But living in my own appartment all by myself makes me relaxed. Nothing to worry about. I do enjoy company though. It also depends on the company. If it's my oldest brother and his girlfriend, then I'll pass. It would go from quiet and relaxed to blablablablabla loud and clearly from 6 am till 12 at night.
A balance is perfect.

misskitten

Hello Sweetie!
Ambivert here, so it's a balance for me, either a place by myself but in close enough proximity to company, or a place shared with other people I get along with, just with the opportunity to retreat and be by myself when I need to. Right now I'm sharing with two people who I get along with nicely, and I still get plenty of alone time to enjoy, which is really nice :)

snakeoiltanker

Wake Up!
I generally prefer to be alone. When I'm alone I can do what ever I want, listen to music as loud as I want and whatever I want, as a lot of people dont like my music cuz i mainly listen to punk or old punkers that started playing solo on acoustic guitars. Not to mention the amount of time and focus I get with video games if no one is there to distract me or ask if I plan to do anything other than play video games on that day... so I dont have to answer with a solid "No".

I dont hate having company, but I like the company to be small in size, and only with close friends. The few close friends I have like the same music as me, as well as like playing video games, even if the games they play are different than mine, it is still fun too play with them. They normally play Sports games, so I dont mind playing Madden and NBA2K anymore, I actually enjoy them quite a lot now that I have a little skill. I used to be a really social person, able too be around as many people, and whoever whether I know them or not and make friends out of each and everyone. But as I have grown older I have developed anxiety issue in public spaces, where there are tons of people I dont know, nor do I want to know. Places like Wal-mart, or eating inside a Burger King or McDonalds. Im actually working on my social anxieties so I can get back to working good jobs instead of finding side work where I can work alone. While its usually good money, it's very inconsistent, without a steady paycheck you would get working somewhere.

Claire

The Geekette
I easily feel smothered and I hate it.

The majority of the time I prefer to be alone. People complicate things and simply distract me from what I need to be doing. I don't have the time to achieve what I've set out to do and worry with other people all the time. I don't need to be, nor do I want to be, babied. Maybe I'm a loner, but is that so wrong? If I had less stress and more time, would I feel differently? Perhaps, but for right now I have very little patience to deal with people, especially when they don't understand how much my time and work means to me. I want peace.. and quiet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom