• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Ocarina of Time Soldier in the Alley

NoRush

Soldier, Royal Family
I was running around the Market and went into the Alley, and...and...:(:(:(..! Poor soldier! D:

This is one reason why I love Zelda games so much. Characters like these, that if went unnoticed wouldn't really affect the games outcome, but finding these people and talking with them just makes it so much more personal.

He says that he tried to help Zelda and that Ganondorf had has betrayed their King. Then...he stops moving.

I find this particular individuals scenario very dramatic and disheartening. My imagination runs wild. What will happen to him? Who will find him in the alley? Will he receive a proper bariel, or is there not enough time for such a thing?

(These lonely charachters are really getting to me right now, if you haven't seen my Dampé thread.)

DesertDweller

Love Truth
Whoa, completely missed this. Do you have to go there as adult or young link?

Guess I'll try this next time I play.

I have however had similar experiences with the Zelda games, little things that you wouldn't think of, but just completely make the game worth so much more. For example how in Majora's Mask you can just run around and see what everybody thinks of each specific mask. :)

ShellShocker

adjective spaceman
I found this soldier quite interesting, I told my friend about him while I was giving him a walkthrough for Ocarina of Time through the phone, but he didn't seem to care even when I told him he'd be gone forever. It'd be good if you got to saw him if you went back through time again. But it's still nice to know you know one of the Ocarina of Time secrets, too.

I felt a bit sad for this soldier, he was wounded and suddenly all of Hyrule had twisted because of Ganondorf.
Whoa, completely missed this. Do you have to go there as adult or young link?
You must go there as Young Link before you turn into an adult.

linkman8

True and Noble
Yeah I found him I think on my first playthrough, probably because I was lost, but one can't help but feel sorry for the chap. Although when I found him I figured it was a sort of Easter Egg.

Since I had heard of him before I actually got to that part, I made sure to visit the alley before getting the Master Sword. It's such a...sad yet noble death. He probably died trying to protect the castle. Although when you first see him he's slouched near some bottles, giving one the impression that he might be drunk. ^^

I do have a gripe about the scene, though, and that is that the soldier is the only indication that anything has gone wrong (aside from, of course, seeing the princess escape the castle). No one in the town has reacted to the attack. It would have been nice to at least see the townspeople stand around the drawbridge, wondering what has happened.

Yeah, remember this guy. :/ Kind of special NPC I always loved more than anyone else, just like Gravedigger guy, guy talking about Like-Likes in weapon shop, Lake Hylia scientist, old man from Kakariko who talks about lens of truth and those poor builders in Kakariko.

ironknuckle1

Archer Extraordinaire
i just found this guy on my playthrough of Masterquest for the first time and i didnt think it would be much but i liked him

Waker of winds

Finally playing PH!
Aw, that soldier:(!

It makes me feel depressed... Evertime I play that part of the game, I go to that alley to end his suffering-.-.

I can't believe that my brother didn't knew about him! I just told my bro about the soldier like, five days ago.

Ganondorf's gonna pay for this:mad:!!!

R

rnddim

The solider, in my opinion, adds to the overall cinematic feel to the game. I've always felt that many of the Zelda games (3D mostly, thanks to special effects) have a certain movie-like quality, where at times it's as if you're watching a movie.
Picture this (in the official movie of the game :)): Zelda has just run out of Hyrule Castle Town, with Ganondorf chasing after her. After picking up the Ocarina of Time, you have a pretty good understanding of what went down. But not until you see the near-dead solider do you see how bad it's all gone.
Maybe it's just me, but I find that Solider in the Alley part to be something you'd find in a movie.
I also enjoy the fact that this is one of those many Easter Eggs in OoT, including Jaws in the Marine Labratory and taking the fisherman's hat.

SuperGleeok64

For the Greater Good.
cautionb.jpg

Sorry had to do it n.n

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom