• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Soft or Hard?

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
Get your head out of the gutter, I'm talking about mattresses of course!

I think the question is pretty self-explanatory. Do you prefer soft or firm mattresses? If applicable, why?

Personally, I like sort of in between hard and soft. Like, I dislike sleeping on concrete, but I also dislike beds that make you sink really far down.

Ideal softness for me is that of an air mattress. Soft enough so that you're not sleeping on the floor, but hard enough so that you're not sinking down into them.

bears7.jpg

I like soft-ish mattresses.

You totally only made this thread for the sake of the misleading title.

I totally only clicked on it for the sake of the misleading title.

yes i like it hard, in more ways that one- oh wait, mattress yes.

um, softer the better because I have a sore back, like every night.

;o

Lord Vain

Dawn of a New Day
Work it harder, make it better, do it faster, makes us stronger~♪

Anyways, I guess I prefer a soft mattress, but then again in the past I've slept on floors and other more hard surfaces so...I dunno, maybe it doesn't matter for me and I can just find a way to sleep on a lot of different surfaces, I honestly couldn't say. As far as mattresses go I can only say that I've slept on rather soft ones though, so yeah, soft is my final answer.

Emma

The Cassandra
Site Staff
This is going to sound embarrassing... but I don't know... I've had back problems for a while, so maybe that screws up my perception. I don't really know what kind of mattress I like more. As long as something isn't digging into me, I feel as good as I'm going to get.

There are some preferences though, not exactly about firmness versus softness. I don't trust air mattresses to stay inflated. And when I'm on them they NEVER seem to. No matter what I do. When I'm camping, for example, I prefer a cot to an air mattress. It's a very rigid surface. But I have no trouble sleeping with it. My issues with sleeping comfort are more about temperature. I can't sleep if I'm too hot.

43ForceGems

Quid est veritas, Claudia
I hate the ones that are so soft that you wake up and feel like you're in the Grand Canyon. But I also hate sleeping on a rock. But if I had to lean more hard or soft, I'd definitely go hard, because sometimes I actually like sleeping on the floor. I don't mind it. But a nice mattress is nice, but not too soft. Same goes for pillows, I hate super soft pillows, but I also hate super hard pillows. But the ideal for me is no pillow :P I don't like pillows

Dimooshky

The Mauve Avenger
Heheheh, 'Soft or Hard' *Immature giggles*....*click*......Oh WHAT! MATTRESSES!? I thought you meant cheese.......:(

But soft. I like sinking into my dreams, and they're more fun to slump into after a long day.
However are very hard to get out of in the morning....

For the record, I'm not fan of soft cheese, my parents love Camembert and have tried to feed me some, alas it was unsuccessful. I do like Brie though, especially cooked. :)

misskitten

Hello Sweetie!
I really prefer soft mattresses, but they are not too kind on my back, so I mostly sleep on firmer mattresses for that reason.

Mercedes

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Kind of a mix between both, I don't like it really hard or really soft, but more soft than hard. I have a habit of curling the blanket around my anyway and cocoon myself in it, so, that adds to the softness!

Memory

Forgotten Life
Either :) cause I don't really care but maybe I like soft ones more but hey, whenever I get very sleepy, anywhere(nice) is fine for me :cooky:

sailormars109

Finding Love by the Moon
Get your head out of the gutter, I'm talking about mattresses of course!

Glad you know me well enough! :xd:

I like soft, but I do have to have some firmness because I have neck problems. I don't like those rock hard mattresses but the ones that are like you're laying on a cloud aren't the best for me either. I do like those memory foam mattresses like TempurPedic. I also like those Sleep Number mattresses. However, I can't get one because I just got a new mattress and they are way too expensive. Maybe someday though!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom