• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Social Networking Sites

EeveeChan

Is FINALLY out of school!
I do not have any kind of social network membership. I feel like if you really need to contact me, you can just email, text or call me. I can also get news just by news sites, tv, or by people talking about it.

Mangachick14

Nerdy and Proud
I have facebook and Google+ (I only have google+ because I wanted to subscribe to people on Youtube)

I never use Google+ and rarely use facebook. My friends always complain that I never message them back :rolleyes:

Dan

I'm not really a fan of social networking sites mainly because I don't spill my guts over everything I've done over the weekend or so, and I don't really care what others have done, besides I've seen facebook enough times on my friends account and It's certainly not for me. I do however appreciate what it can do to keep people together at a convenience, it's also good for small businesses to keep in contact with clients.

I suppose ZD counts as social networking... Although it's for the most part a different species to facebook where we can discuss shizzle. :)

Last edited:

Mudora

Innocent but not fearful.
I only have an account on Facebook. I can't handle using more than one social networking site, it just gets too confusing. :P I think they're good for reconnecting with friends who live far away, which is mainly what I use it for.

I have accounts on most of the big ones. Twitter, Facebook. YouTube, Steam and Disqus, if they count.

Not a big fan of them in general. Essentially social networking is a very cheap, easy, and lifeless way to socialize with people. People dig hooking up as "friends" and sharing things, and the sites are certainly useful for that, but generally you're not getting very much in the way of meaningful communication or relationships. Usually the only times that really happens are when the site itself is only a component of your relationship; a means of communicating or networking but not the ONLY means. People who met elsewhere and use the site to stay in-touch, or people who met on the site but say, chat on Skype or play computer games together. Bottom line is... social networking is a very poor substitute for... pretty much every other means of human communication.

You also have very minimal privacy on a social networking site. Everyone's watching. :P

I use them not because I particularly like them but because a lot of other people use them; I use them primarily for my benefit regarding my website and the other stuff I do online. It's a means of promotion and... well, networking. They're services that people use so I use them to my advantage as many others do. Little more, really. Facebook's been handy keeping in touch with a few friends that have since disappeared from ZD though. ^^

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
I have Facebook and Google+. But I never use Google+. I used to have a twitter account I created a year or two back or maybe longer but I never used it. Last week I logged on to see what it actually was and I disliked it so extremely much I immidiatly deactivated my account. In 30 days of no use it will be deleted. Thank god!

I have to agree with Axle though. The whole social network thing is more a way to stay in touch with friends who are using a particular network only and nothing more. I have friends on FB who don't use any other form of communication on the internet and to stay in touch with them is handy but that's it.

Now off to check facebook :P

theoathtoorder

“Zinga-dingding!”
I have a LINE account and Google + account. That's it. I will post a quote from actor George Clooney that encompasses how I feel about Facebook.

“I would rather have a rectal examination on live TV by a fellow with cold hands than have a Facebook page.”

Agreed. Let me also add that TMI is not flattering. I prefer a person be shrouded in mystery than know what they are currently eating and that their pee burns. :p

I used to go on Tumblr, but I stopped going there altogether. It was fine at first, but I find it very annoying nowadays. Twitter's another site I used to go and chat, but like Tumblr, I deleted my account afterwards. However, I do have a Facebook account, but I rarely use it. Social networking sites are only good if you have close friends to talk to (which I don't have sadly).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom