• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler So What's the Deal with Skykeep, Anyway?

Sir Quaffler

May we meet again
So after some thought I realized I have some pressing questions about Skykeep.

1) How exactly were you supposed to get into Skykeep while it was still on the ground? I mean think about it, the prologue said that Hylia lifted up the parts of the land that would become Skyloft as a last resort against the demon horde. Ok, but then when the Isle of the Goddess is back where it should be there is no indication than anything should be below it, and there is seemingly no way to get into Skykeep from the ground level, unless there was a secret way into it in that room where you get the Goddess Sword. But even then, when you're in Skykeep the only obvious entry is that first room with the angelic music, which when it's in the ground would just open up to dirt. So, what, this was actually the BACK entrance, and the front entrance was destroyed? Was there originally an upper floor that used to connect to the Goddess Statue that you now can't access? What's the deal?
2)The outside of Skykeep was elaborately decorated in white stone and gold lining, but once again it was all originally underground where nobody saw it. And you know it was SUPPOSED to be like that, because the Sealed Grounds have the downward spiral that exactly matches the outer walls of Skykeep. You mean to tell me that the builders of Skykeep, intentionally carved out a spiraling gorge into the ground then built Skykeep from the ground up, making a beaituful building that no one would see while it was still on the ground? This means that Hylia intentionally built Skykeep to be viewed while up in the air, in the remote bomb shelter that is Skyloft. But if that's the case, why didn't she warn the humans about the impending doom or, better yet, just lift entire continents up into the air and spare the countless bloodshed? Was this merely a backup plan for if they couldn't defeat the forces of evil? But if that's the case, why did she go through all the trouble of making those elaborate sliding puzzle rooms and intricate architecture? Not only that, but then coil Skykeep up into the Island of the Goddess and cover it up with rocks where nobody would even see it. I'll admit this a weaker point, since there are numerous structures in the sky that only the chosen hero could use and were built on the ground at some point. But even then, those other structures would still be visible on the ground and might have served some other purpose beforehand. But Skykeep I just don't get.
3) Why the heck are there Bobokins and Stalfos in Skykeep? Remember, this is supposed to be the place where the Triforce, the most sacred relic in all of the Zelda universe, is hidden away to prevent anybody but the chosen hero to reach it. It was originally all underground and was only risen as a last resort by Hylia. I'll buy that there would be other wild creatures such as the Fernix and Deku Babas, and it it makes sense that Dreadfuse is there, since either a) he was built by the same people that built Scervo, before they went rogue, and was commissioned to guard the place, or b) that the goddesses saw that Scervo inadvertently protected Nayru's flame and decided to reincarnate him in Skykeep to guard the Triforce of Courage. But Bobokins and Stalfos, common members of the demon horde? How the heck did they get in? Wouldn't Hylia want them to be out of the hiding place of the Triforce, especially since they're the same foes that forced the Hylians to escape in the first place and in fact were looking for it to give to their master? Did she brainwash them to defend the Triforce once they got in? If that's the case, then why didn't she just brainwash all of the demon horde? Did they manage to sneak in somehow while it was up in the air? If that's the case then what good was that cloud cover over the land? The only explanation I have is that they somehow burrowed into Skykeep underground unbeknownst to Hylia, and that they were stuck there when it was raised. But then how the heck did they survive for thousands of years with no food, water, or even air? Someone please explain this to me, I just don't get it.

Anybody care to explain these to me, or are there other things about Skykeep that you don't get either?

Holy wall of text Batman!

You're looking way too deep into things. However if you want some type of explanation, I guess I could provide one.

Hylia built the Sky Keep simply to house the Triforce and employed guards so that they protect the pieces of the Triforce. She created the building with her godly powers or something, and proceeded to toss it up into the air along with the rest of Skyloft. The Sky Keep was never meant to be visited below ground, hence the name, Sky Keep.

Terminus

If I was a wizard this wouldn't be happening to me
Simple. We all know by now that Hylia planned everything out. As for the terrain and monsters, I assume Hylia preserved the essence of Hyrule in case everything went to pot. Sort of like that boat story those overly religious cling to...

The Triforce was housed there to safeguard it from Demise when that spit of land was raised into the sky, to begin with. Sky Keep was obviously created by the Goddess to test the hero that would eventually seek the Triforce. Demise was sealed by the Goddess' sacrifice of her powers, so she couldn't drop Sky Keep to the Sealed Grounds to destroy him after he was imprisoned there. She had to leave Demise's um... demise to the chosen hero that could wield the Triforce of the old Gods, and return the Sky Keep to the surface, crushing Demise.

I'm not usually one for bumping threads but I thought I might do so with this one since the opening post had a detailed thought process although the formatting might want to be reconsidered for next time.

Skykeep was established by the Goddess Hylia as a means to protect the Triforce from the reach of Demise and the havoc he would wreak across the world. Sky Keep was essentially meant to be a fool proof bank account spared from opposing forces. Hylia therefore designed such intricate traps and puzzles. The aesthetic design of the area appears to mirror that of the previous six temples in the three regions below which suggests that Hylia may have found inspiration for the design from those areas. It's plausible that Bokoblins and Stalfos invaded the haven shortly after Hylia sacrificed her splendor for a mortal existence. Demise was her evil counterpart after all and his most loyal minion, Ghirahim certainly boasted considerable power to earn the title "Demon Lord".

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom