• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

So what does Lorule's Triforce consist of?

Hyrule has Courage, Wisdom and Power.

One the things they did to contrast Ravio, Hilda and Yuga from Link, Zelda and Ganon was:

Ravio lacked courage.
Hilda lacked wisdom.
Yuga lacked power.

So... what does Lorule's Triforce have... if not those three qualities? Something to think about.

Last edited by a moderator:
I like to look at Lorule in the aspect of color. The game itself already borrows from art a lot in having its antagonist literally be a paint sorcerer. The Triforce of Hyrule uses the primary colors red, blue and green. Mixing these creates other colors. But when you mix paint, you use a subtractive color method to create your colors, and instead use the secondary colors of cyan, yellow, and magenta. I consider the virtues of Lorule's triforce to follow the secondary colors--which are recurrent in its fire aesthetic.

If you link the virtures of Hyrule's Triforce to their corresponding primary colors, you'd consider that to form cyan you mix blue (wisdom) and green (courage) together. Yuga being without power (red) makes him cyan, and he instead has a cocktail of those two virtues. Therefore Hilda's corresponding virtue would be a blend of red/power and green/courage to make her yellow, and Ravio a blend of blue/wisdom and red/power to form his magenta. These colors are also true opposites of their Hyrule counterparts by terms of the color wheel.

There's no real indication of what the virtues would be, but that's how I've chosen to interpret it.

I've often stated that while Ravio is stated to lack courage, he shows wisdom. When Ravio is being compared to Link, it does suggest direct opposition (courage and cowardice), and even the artwork for the game uses upside-down imagery. Yet, he didn't just cave in to Hilda and Yuga, then run away, as a full blown coward would do. No, he formulated a plan, and sought out help from the person he knew could help. This for knowledge that Hilda's plan was flawed, knowing what tools to provide to Link, and seeking help so quickly, are all signs of wisdom. Like wise Hilda is said to lack wisdom, while showing power; and Yuga may lack power, but displays courage.

Even looking at the land, we don't really get true opposites, but more of a twist. We find master ore, which fuses nicely with the Master Sword, not an anti-master ore. The royal family is still in power, with many of their subjects living in the village. Even the mountains still rise high in the air. I have long thought about the Lorule triforce being along the same lines; twisted, with the same virtues, not opposite, and not corrupted.

If you link the virtures of Hyrule's Triforce to their corresponding primary colors, you'd consider that to form cyan you mix blue (wisdom) and green (courage) together. Yuga being without power (red) makes him cyan, and he instead has a cocktail of those two virtues. Therefore Hilda's corresponding virtue would be a blend of red/power and green/courage to make her yellow, and Ravio a blend of blue/wisdom and red/power to form his magenta. These colors are also true opposites of their Hyrule counterparts by terms of the color wheel.

I remember you talking about this in a different discussion, and I still like this perspective. It's also much better than the anti-bravery = coward mess. I don't remember who brought up Ravio having faith, in that other discussion, but I think that general idea fits within your color pallet approach, with a small addition. When we combine blue and red, we don't see blue and red separately; we see only purple/magenta. Similarly, we might not get a blend of wisdom and power, but a virtue in of itself, something like faith.

Although, I think Yuga shows more faith, which actually tracks with a connection to wisdom and courage. I'm not sure what the other two would be, though. Combining/between power and courage could be determination, which Hilda absolutely has in abundance. My best guess, at the moment, for Ravio comes to slyness, or even guile.

Pokémaniac13

Triforce Champion
These all make my theory sound dumber.

I just always thought they were the Triforce of Weakness, the Triforce of Cowardice, and the Triforce of Stupidity. But you guys have actually played, so I’m going to steal them for my head canon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom