• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

So... What Do You Guys Think of the New Legendaries (so Far)?

Sir Quaffler

May we meet again
I also think Xerneas looks like that elk-thing from Princess Mononoke.

Going by the color scheme Xerneas reminds me of Dialga and Yveltal looks like an aerial Groudon. Neither of them seem to be blatant Dragon-types, which is good because we need more non-Dragon legendaries. My guess is that Xerneas will be a Steel-Grass type, and Yveltal will be a Flying-type with... something else, nothing particular comes to mind.

Yveltal is a mouth full for a Pokemon name and my preferred legendary. As gorgeous as Xerneas looks, I've never been a fan of stag like Pokemon.

I'll refrain from judgment until types are announced though. Not sure about Xerneas but Yveltal looks to be Dark-Flying or Dark-Dragon to me.

Keeseman

Smash is Life
Xerneas looks like a Pyschic/Steel type to me, and I'm guessing Yveltal will be Flying/Dark type. The contrast between the two types would be interesting, seeing how both Pyschic and Dark contrasts in spirit/mind, and Steel and Flying contrast, coming from the earth and sky, respectively. Just my hopes for them.

However, I would also hypothesize that both of these legendaries may have one type that is similar, considering how this has happened consistently in the past. The birds all shared the Flying type, Lugia and Ho-oh were both flying as well, the Sinnoh trio all shared the Dragon type, Thundurus, Landorus and the Tornadus all shared Flying, and the bigger Unova trio with Dragon each as well.

So it is possible that these two do share a type, like maybe Psychic or something. It's hard to tell from just their designs.

I do not like xerneas cuz i think ti looks to similar to terrakian verizzion and cobalion. But i love yveltal i love the red and black and it is not a typical bird dragon shap they have dont so i like.

Sydney

The Good Samaritan
I'm not even going to bother spelling the names of those two. Let's call them X-Deer and Y-Bird (IMO, they could have tried a little harder with name picking, but whatever I guess).

X-Deer has the most appealing design in my eyes. I love the color changing antlers and the glistening letter "X" in its eye. Am I the only person who thinks that X-Deer kind of looks like the love child of Dialga and Arceus?

Y-Bird, don't get me started on Y-Bird. I'm just very pleased that it's not a Dragon this time around, but I feel that they could have made it look somewhat more appealing to the eye. It definitely wouldn't be my first choice of Legendaries.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
I love the new legendaries! We haven't had a stag as a legendary yet, and it looks amazing! And Yveltal looks amazing as well. Though we have had a phoenix looking thunderbird thing (Ho-Oh), it still looks so awesome and powerful. I don't want another fire type legendary bird though. And no more dragons, really :<

mninja13

Soulless
I'm disappointed somewhat. The legendary for Y...is a giant Y.
Xerneas on the other hand seems like deerling and stantler combined and made blue with more horns.
Overall, they could've should've done better.

Beeker

Wild Card
Xerneas, to me, at first glance was one of those Pokemon which you first see and think that the design is too complex or way over the top. I mean, it looks like it has humongous antlers and sword feet! But after a while, I've come to admire Xerneas as much as Yveltal, who I loved from the start. I guess it is because of the fact that it is a flying, birdlike creature and the color scheme of red and black.
I've come to like all of gen VI's designs so far, so hopefully that is a good indicator of what's to come. c:

Hachi

Happy Valentines Day!
I love Xerneas because deer are awesome, and blue mythical beasts version with Christmas lights on their horns is even cooler. Instantly fell in love with this one for sure.

Yveltal on the other hand... well, lets just say my first reaction was "Oh hey it's shaped like a Y, how cute." But after awhile I started loving it too. It had the Lugia Hand-wing design going on and just seems like it's going to have a lot of potential.

I for one am just happy that they are not dragons. Generation V's entire story revolved around dragons which I did end up loving, but it's nice to see some other mythical creatures get some boxart spotlight as well. :pikalove:

L

Lady Asylum

I love Xerneas' design! I've always been a sucker for blue elegant Legendaries, and Xerneas is no exception!

Yveltal.... I'm still warming up to it. XD

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom