• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

So What Are Your Initial Reactions Now?

0-enigma-0

Hi Guys,

I am a member of zeldapower.com forum, and am new here.
I was curious to see what you guys think of SS after seeing the trailer. Did anyone else watch the preview of Shigiru Miyamoto playing the demo? It didn't go as smooth as I had hoped. Still, the game will be undoubtedly great. They said its almost near completion, so I bet they have some touch ups to do on the final product, that's why it's not being released until next year. I have been a big Zelda fan for well over 10 years. How old are some of the members here? I am not making fun, but some of you are 16, and were not even born when Zelda first came out. And you were 4 when Ocarina of Time was released. I just hope some Old School Zelda fans are interested in this game. I am excited, and no matter what I will buy it, and play it from start to finish. I am sure I will enjoy every minute of it. Please state your age.

I think it'll be good for the old time fans, because if it is indeed the origin of the Master Sword, that's something that'll draw in us devoted fans to the new game, and the novice fans to the old games. This game whether good or bad, has got me sold...I just wish it came out sooner.

T

thedarkestlink

I am new to posting to this site as well, however have been a long time reader. I'm 20 and my first game was OOT. I would really like to play the older 2d games, however i have no way of doin so right now. I am very excited for SS since i have been anticipating it for quite some time, but the graphics do bother me slightly. The graphic design of the world does not really bother me all that much, it is more links appearance. Based on the concept art and statements from Miyamoto, i was expecting a much more adult, dangerous, and grizzly looking link, instead he appears much more childish to me which was a let down. Either way the game still should be awesome and i will with out a doubt be playing this one.

Vincent

Retired Super Mod and HK
My initial reaction was RAGE, but after I saw the full trailer, and gameplay footage, I am officially in love with the game.

My initial reaction was RAGE, but after I saw the full trailer, and gameplay footage, I am officially in love with the game.

This is exactly how I feel. At first I was heartbroken. I went off on a rant here at the forums and wrote a long critique of what we saw. However, after cooling down, reading new information, seeing booth gameplay, I'm actually pretty excited about it and am very hopeful that it will restore the Zelda series to its former glory. Reading the Q and A recently posted on the site entitled "More Information About Skyward Sword," especially cooled my nerves. People have to realize that this was not a very polished demo. The finished product is going to look, sound and feel a whole lot better. Guaranteed. Not that it doesn't already look promising. Just kind of upsetting how we have to wait until 2011. I they don't wait to release it until the holiday seasons like they usually do.

Scythe-of-Chaos

I'm an assassin.... sshhh
I though it would be cool, and it was. and actually the release date is perfect because my birthday is soon and I shall use the money I'm going to get to buy this PS3 I'm close to getting, and then for christmas i shall as for skyward sword money and a wii motion plus - I shall be fourteen on june 22nd

My initial reaction was, like others, disappointment and anger. I was feeling like Nintendo had totally pulled another "pander to the casual gamers" stunt, and that the Wii motion-plus didn't look all that great, etc. But then, after reading some articles on IGN, where they talked about how smooth the swordplay actually was, I started getting very excited. Every bit of news since that has made me even more hyped for the game. Having an orchestrated soundtrack, a totally new story that will give us a lot more to theorize about, what look like awesome graphics, and especially how awesome the combat looks have all contributed to my excitement.

Also, this is the first console Zelda that's being released since I became a bigger fan of Zelda. By that, I mean that I have been a fan of Zelda for a while, but only after TP have I actually come onto forums, followed every bit of Zelda news I could get, and had the most recent Nintendo consoles so I actually could play the new titles. This has only increased my hype. I only hope I can survive until the game is released.

Tony

Stardust Crusaders
I think it looks like Zelda's taking a step toward figuring out the timeline for us...but it looks cool i like the way cell shading was done. Gameplay looks fantastic I hope that's not what they focus on the most though.

NorthApple

GIVE ME THE APPLE!!

THIS. THIS SUMS IT UP. I COULDN'T SAY IT ANY BETTER.

At first, I was like "Oh... okay, I wasn't expecting that... hmm, I was expecting epic dark and serious graphics... this is a little disappointing..." And then as Miyamoto started playing, and the controls started playing up, my heart was just... sinking. And when he assured us all that the controls worked like the ones on Wii Sports Resort, I could have wept in despair. I really could have... the sword controls on that seem really hit-and-miss to me :c

But then, after it sunk in, and after I watched the trailer a couple of times, examined the screenshots, and read the interviews and demo reviews... I started to fall in love with it all. I really did. And today, even more so, I am so pleased with this game, it looks and sounds like it will be fantastic beyond words. Miyamoto saying this time they're focusing on making sure players have fun, and that the environment is densly packed with things to do and explore?! Sign me up at once :D

(I still can't believe they made an Adult cell-shaded (or should that be pseudo-watercolour painted) Link. The one think I would have loved for them to do, but didn't think had a cat-in-hell's chance of actually happening, and then.... YESSS). <3

...Though it still stings slightly that it's slated for 2011, I couldn't be more happy. According to Miyamoto, the game's almost complete, there's just some dungeons and areas left to code, but they want to make sure they have enough time and don't have to rush it. After the rushed attempt at the Wii version of TP, I think this is a seriously good idea... and I'd rather wait until 2011 and have an awesome game, than it be released sooner and not be polished enough.

my response throughout the whole thing was "oh my god" it was everything i had wanted the graphics, the bits of story that we know, etc

I'm still trying to get over myself because my perception of what the Zelda series is has been shattered, and I realize I'm in the very small minority when it comes to those perceptions and assumptions. I'm realizing what I thought the Zelda series was really isn't what it is, and I don't like what it really is, which is sad. I'm really hoping I get over it though.

shan-tastic

nine thousand and one.
Initially, I was slightly outraged and wondering where the Zelda games I grew up with have gone . But, after the initial shock, turns out that I like what I've seen so far and I can't wait for the final product to be released. However, when Miyamoto was demonstrating the controls at the press conference, I became a bit anxious as to how well they will actually work, but thankfully the demos at the booth seemed to work perfectly fine and that the motion plus is going to make fighting and puzzles super creative and fun. The graphics are lovely; Impressionism-inspired art seems to fit well with the series, and I love that it's so much brighter and more colorful this time around. I like what we know of the storyline so far, and I have a really good feeling that this game is going to bring back a lot that was missing from previous games. Kind of sucks that we have to wait until 2011, but I'd rather we wait than have it be completely rushed and glitchy.

I played the NES games for the longest time (it was all my parents had, and occasionally I'd borrow my cousin's SNES to play ALTTP...or watch him play it, I should say) until finally getting an n64 a lot later than most people my age, and ended up missing out on OoT because of MM's release (which is now my favorite in the series). Ended up buying OoT used a year or two later so everything turned out okay and I got caught up with everything eventually. And I'm eighteen.

Epona

Ordon Village
I'm 25 years old and grew up playing all the Zelda games that I could, starting with the original. I've loved all the ones I've played, and I'm really looking forward to SS!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom