• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild So, The Master Cycle Zero

Shroom

The Artist Formally Known as Deku Shroom™
Maybe I'm late to the party, maybe I'm just seeing things, but I play a lot of BOTW, and I've had the master cycle for a long time. When you first unlock it, you're told that Link is going to get his own divine beast, and I'm paraphrasing, so I just always assumed that this motorcycle was sort of a nod to like, "riding a hog" or whatever generic phrase you could give it, so that the motorcycle itself was the beast and that it was an abstract shape.

But today I was playing and I sort of looked from the side while doing a wheelie and...

is the master cycle supposed to resemble a unicorn?

I just had never put it together, even though I thought it was weird that it was referred to as Link's divine beast and it never resembled an actual animal to me? Am I just seeing things? Has this just been common knowledge I've somehow missed? Am I just a dumb dumb? Lemme know! (:

If you played Mario Kart 8 the shape will probably have been easier to notice in BotW.

The Master Cycle in Mario Kart 8 has a really obvious horse shape and in German it is called the 'Eponator'.

The Master Cycle Zero has a more stylised look to it. I don't know if it is specifically supposed to be a unicorn but i assume that's what it is myself.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
That was literally the first thing I noticed about it, lol. I remember the memes calling it Robot Epona. I like the contrast of the Hero having his own personal Divine Beast vs the Champions who get massive towering mechas. They use the massive ones for support while the hero gets up close and personal with his own skills. It's kinda cool. And the design of the cycle is really nice. I enjoy it quite a bit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom