• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

So Skyward Sword Is...

So Skyward Sword is...

• one of the most disappointing games i ever played

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • an overall disappointment. there were some nice elements, but it wasn't good enough

• an enjoyable game, not more then that

• a good game, but not as good as the rest of the series

• a great game, it's not one of my favorite Zelda's thou...

• awesome! amongst the best of the franchise!

• amazing, the best Zelda experience to date

• not only the best Zelda, it's the best game ever

• Total voters
i haven't got the chance to play the game yet. Since it's been getting some really wired reception from reviews, most saying that it is the best Zelda since OOT, some saying it's the best Zelda and some saying it's the weakest Zelda to date, i want to see how you rate the game in this scale.

Last edited:
I say it is the best. Some elements, like open exploration and day/night have been better in the past, but overall SS is the best (Zelda) game ever.

Sadly there are these little nitpicks that stop this from being my favourite Zelda, which sucks! I wish I wasn't so critical of games. But really this game was amazing and easily outshined previous Zelda games with its cutscenes, story and overall presentation.

Adam

Undefeated
its an OoT matchup of the century!!! seriously and completely objectively, it will be the game we say 25 years from now 'i wonder if nintendo will ever be able to beat skyward sword' (though i hope we don't have to wait that long for another game of all time)

Sadly there are these little nitpicks that stop this from being my favourite Zelda, which sucks! I wish I wasn't so critical of games. But really this game was amazing and easily outshined previous Zelda games with its cutscenes, story and overall presentation.
i feel the same as you. the story kind of held back for me. there was a beginning and an end, and 40 hours of gameplay in the middle, which i thought held it back a bit for me

It's a great game, one of the best. But the lack of open ended exploration just doesn't cut for me, it's an amazing and phenomenal game by any account but OoT is still the best imo. I have a hard time deciding what is #2, it's between SS, MM, ALttP and WW.

....Oh great the more I think about it the more I realize how nearly impossible it is to rank Zelda games, they are all so good!

Best Zelda. Any wish I had going into it was fulfilled. Can't be best game ever because of the graphics. Nintendo will be my most important developer and hardware maker, but I do spend more time HD gaming...and it did stand out to me. There needs to an HD remake for Wii-U...if there is on release, I'll be outside waiting with some barbeque.

It's a great game, one of the best. But the lack of open ended exploration just doesn't cut for me

Pretty much this. Exploration is one of my favorite parts of the series. Everything else was just right though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom