• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

A Link Between Worlds So Now That You Got Your Copy...thoughts, Suggestions, Ideas, Secrets...gameplay Time

snakeoiltanker

Wake Up!
Why's that? I mean, there's nothing necessarily wrong with that, but there wasn't much of a buildup to it, and Yuganon's fight was a step down from the previous two fights with Yuga.

I thought the fight was really fun, however i do agree that there could have been more hints building up the suspicion of who Ravio was, but either way i thought it was a really cool twist!

67ghost

no you're not
however i do agree that there could have been more hints building up the suspicion of who Ravio was, but either way i thought it was a really cool twist!

in hero mode ravio's diary hints at it

i really enjoyed the game

Personally I am still trying to get 100% ( counting streetpass medals and the endless cucco ranch reward) but I have beat the game and it is my Fav handheld Zelda out there. I think the music is amazing and being able to free roam is amazing. I love it.

Shamison

Just a simple nobody
I found it amazing and worth it's 10/10 rating. And the lourle overworld theme seemed familiar but I can't place it. Am I crazy or does anyone know what it is reminiscent of?

Norm

God-King of Teh Intarwebz
Clearly in ur tube, blockin ur internets.
I loved it, although I thought it was a little too easy. Due to something being up with my computer, I wasn't able to access this site, and therefore managed to keep from getting the plot and stuff spoiled for me. I also loved the music and the familiar faces, especially the boss fights.

I loved it, and its made its way to near the top of my list of favorite Zelda titles, and the music was very well done just simply awesome, on a side note did any of you guys ever end up using the boomerang for anything important, I beat the game with out ever needing it, I still bought and upgraded it but never found it needed or even all that useful how about you guys?

Nintendo took some risks making ALBW and it is a huge success.

Shamison

Just a simple nobody
It's the same theme as the dark world in alttp. :S

I'm honestly not sure if you're just kidding or you really didn't know, unless you haven't played alttp or something.

No I'm not kidding I just recently started playing it and haven't been able to use sound. But thanks for clearing that up for me.

Hsien Ko

Thread murderer
Words cannot describe the emotions I had this game on my grasp of my 3ds. Looking at the game cover I never did saw Link Between Worlds,
what I saw was my childhood (starting to sound quite cheesy there). I'm glad that Nintendo put the effort of letting this game become a sequel rather
than a remake of the LTTP. For a handheld it felt flawless but sadly it suffers from what almost all Nintendo games have which is that it's barely has
a difficulty and felt really short. Maybe the next time when I try hard mode, I want to see if that will all change.

DarkestLink

Darkest of all Dark Links
This was better than I thought it'd be. It blows aLttP out of the water (IMO) and I'd say it's roughly as good as PH, but I still think ST is better.

None of you are going to be shocked when I say I think this game would have been better off if it were more linear. But, out of all the non-linear titles, I think this game pulled it off the best. It actually did give you an incentive to do things out of order...but once you find that order, it becomes as linear as the other games because there's no reason to break the best order.

The puzzles were better than aLttP's...easily. But I still felt they weren't on par with most modern titles. And yes, it's because of non-linearity. Not counting the lantern, very few dungeons used more than one item. And whereas in most Zelda titles where you have to solve puzzles without the item and then figure out how the item can change things up, in ALBW you start with the item and the puzzles become very predictable because of that. The solution is always A) Use the ONE item this dungeon requires :cool: Merge or C) Lantern. In previous games, there would be situations where you'd need to be creative and use a previous item in new ways. The same applies for ALBW, but even if you don't know HOW you're going to use your item to solve this puzzle, you still know that you are going to do it once you've ruled out solutions B and C.

The combat...is a disappointment. This, more than anything, makes me feel like it's time to say goodbye to BEV games. Over twenty years from aLttP and all they have done to improve the combat is give Link diagonal direction. If this is really all they can do to improve after all this time, I think it's time to change focus. By comparison, the combat has been changing and evolving a lot in the 3D titles. ALBW's just feels...far too primitive in this day and age.

On the plus side, I thought the new magic meter was a fantastic idea. One of my issues with aLttP and many other Zelda titles with the magic meter is that it felt too restrictive and conservative. I felt like I couldn't play with my magic items enough because I was too worried about needing them for a puzzle. Here, I actually got to enjoy my magical weapons without spamming them too much. My one gripe is that it was slightly overused (it really wasn't needed for items like the hookshot and hammer), but I would love to see it again in a future title with the issues ironed out.

The Shadow Link thing was a good idea, but Nintendo needs to realize that Streetpass isn't that big in America. The lack of Spotpass compatibility is just foolish. If it weren't for the in-game Shadow Links, I would have never 100% it.

The story's weak and while that's never a good thing, I'm not too disappointed seeing how it's Zelda. Although it's a bit of a shame...I felt like the story had a lot of untapped potential.

Overall it's...OK. Roughly in the middle of the list for me. While I still think it would have benefited greatly from linearity, I at least feel better that if Nintendo continues making non-linear titles, they won't be tortuously boring like LoZ and aLttP were.

I was never huge on ALttP, but this was maybe one of my favorite games in the series. It brought back what was desperately needed: challenge. TP would hands down be my favorite game in the series if not for the main story's lack of difficulty. It was a little tough the first time through, but after that it's a walk in the park. ALBW was able to challenge me ad corner me without resorting to any stupid tricks. I would have liked a little more use of the 3DS's features like were used in the two DS games, but this doesn't at all ruin it for me. If anything else seemed a little undesirable its that what I assume was meant to be a shocking plot twist I was able to predict hours in advance and didn't really rock me at all. The other thing it did right was add in a few light RPG elements without killing the fact that it's an adventure game *cough cough Skyward Sword cough*. I could never get into Skyward Sword and really appreciate it as a Zelda game, so it's nice to see ALBW take some of its elements like the potions and the-overworld-is-a-dungeon thing and make them work. Lastly, the music is the best in the series and in video games as a whole. The way the overworld theme gets more and more epic as you progress as does the final dungeon theme makes the game just so much cooler. Overall it was a really fun game and I haven't even gotten to the Hero Mode yet. Looking forward to it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom