• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

A Link Between Worlds So Now That You Got Your Copy...thoughts, Suggestions, Ideas, Secrets...gameplay Time

Finished the game today and loved it. Yuga was acctually a really cool villain.
This game was a bit on the easy Side but that didn't matter to me i play games to have fun and when i get stuck in a game because it's too hard i get frustrated, that is one of the reasons i still havent beaten alttp. Overall this may be my third favorite zelda game only after SS and OOT.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I know I've said it at least half a dozen times by now, but I really want y'all to try out a three heart, no heal, no shield, rental only, no upgrades run. It can be Hero Mode or Normal Mode - regardless of which you choose, you'll be getting OHKO'd or THKO'd numerous times (unless you're some kinda 2D Zelda virtuoso :bubsy:).

Skullkid96

Aperture Test Subject #2
I love ALBW, a bit on the easy side but I won't do what Ventus did, the whole three hearts, no shield, rental only, no mail upgrade...One day but not today. The reason I think its easy is that it's 60 fps, and the circle pad make it way easier than the d-pad, that's why I think it was easier. The story line was awesome. some bosses where a disappointment. Yuga was a awesome boss, Ravio was awesome. I think it's my new second favorite (first is Majora's Mask). Also mini games where fun! I enjoy the graphics a nod to the original top down view, with the updated graphics. I want to play minish cap! any one want to trade? I think that the bosses where fun but easy.

I have a question the story in the beginning of the game when you wait at the main menu, about which zelda game awas ot ? Because from the way it was told it reminded me more of the story of OOT then the story of ALTTP.

The Jade Fist

Kung Fu Master
So far I've beaten the light world dungeons and 1 dark world dungeon. I haven't had as much time to play this weekend.
But so far I really like it. The music is top notch as always, the graphical style i'm not sure what to think about it though, the 3d works well and looks good (except the wallmasters look silly hanging above you to almost comical levels)

snakeoiltanker

Wake Up!
I just want you all too know how warm it makes me feel to finally see everyone praising a Zelda game in Symphony, within the first three days. I find myself wanting to quote so many people with the replay "I know right?". This hasnt really happened for a while. Other than TMC, i had not been a huge fan of a lot of the handheld games, OoX was enjoyable more for its challenge in design. I do not regret making myself broke this week so i could have my gold 3DS and ALBW, I having so much fun, I am just now going to start playing it constantly, as I have had my daughter with me since the morning after i got it. So I will probably be back to this thread for my final thoughts.

Just started hero mode and already died five times at the first dungeon, this is going to be great!!!!!(sarcasm)

Last edited:

Krazy4Krash

Staff member
Just beat the game, with a time of 23 hours. The average play time was over 3 hours, so it's easy to say I did not pace myself at all. I goofed around a lot, particularly after gaining access to Lorule. My final death count was exactly 1, where I died to a Hinox almost immediately into appearing in Lorule for the first time. Can't say I saw it coming.

The final boss and ending of the game was divine, and I rank it highly. All I lacked was four heart pieces and eight Maimais. I will surely go back to collect those and then attempt Hero Mode, but for now, I need to return to Kid Icarus Uprising. It misses me.

Finished the game, 100%, in 19 hours and some minutes over three days, and I do believe it to be the best Zelda game captained by Aonuma.

Working on Hero Mode at the moment.

Ravio at the end, by the way, was just... brilliant.

snakeoiltanker

Wake Up!
I beat the game Wednesday, and I have to say this was my favorite ending to a Zelda game EVER!
And the lil line from Ravio "who knows maybe some of your Courage rubbed off on me" Makes me wonder if we will be playing a Lorule Link (dark link to me, dont no one ruin that for me) some time in the future!

Im getting really mad cuz i have no clue where to get the dash boots, and that is something i just cant have! I dont know if there is a red tunic, but i intend to find out. I dont plan on using a guide until after i have beaten the game on both difficulties. Kinda sucks the Shout Box has been down since the game has released, i was hoping to talk to some people and share hints. But oh well. Back to the grind!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom