• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

So, It Seems Like Pokémon HD is in the Works...

Take a look at this screenshot

pokemon-wiiu-maybe-690x388.jpg

This was taken from a retrospective sizzle reel that chronicled the development of the series from RBY (Red & Green in Japan) all the way to XY... and then a short HD clip of Lucario and Blaziken appeared. I'd say it's definitely a teaser of some of kind of Wii U Pokémon project - and probably a Stadium/Colosseum/Battle Revolution successor. What do you think?

Check out the full retrospective here:

http://gengame.net/2013/08/hd-pokem...ctive-sizzle-reel-could-it-be-a-wii-u-teaser/

Sydney

The Good Samaritan
My friend and I were just talking about this, and we decided to analyze it. First, we made it clear that this was going to be a Wii U game. Then we thought up all of the possible sequels that we could, and we narrowed it down to a Gale of Darkness sequel, Stadium sequel, and a Battle Revolution sequel. A took a good look at the background of the arena the two Pokémon are fighting in, and quickly ruled out a Gale of Darkness sequel. Unless the series makes a serious time jump, there's no way that could be the Orre region. The Orre region is very rustic, and there are no set roads that connect any of the cities. Comparing it the image provided, there's an obvious time gap (as the image appears to display a very modern city).

I looked at it a little longer, and I'm pretty sure it's between a Stadium or Battle Revolution sequel. It's been quite some time since we've had a Stadium game, so it'd be nice to finally be able to revisit it. On the other hand, after taking a look at the background and the picture in general, it looks awfully similar to the original Battle Revolution game. Therefore, I believe we'll be getting a sequel to that game. I'm not sure how I'd feel about that, in all honesty. It wasn't one of my favorite games, but hopefully they'll work something out this time.

Last edited:

Big Octo

=^)
It looks pretty good. I'd really love it to be a Stadium sequel/reboot, but I'd be content with a Battle Revolution sequel as well. If this is something new entirely, then that'd be great, too. In any case, this interests me very much.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
**** you, Stadium was awesome. >:c

Stadium and Stadium 2 were both amazing - especially the minigames. Modern PKMN, however, is not (imho). A Stadium successor in this day and age would likely be full of **** (again imho). :P

Fig

The Altruist
I was going to do a thread about this, but I fell asleep on my computer. I guess I was I haven't slept since the Marathon ended. :( :cry:

But anyway, I really love the design of the artwork and screenshots that we were able to see. It makes sense that this game will be for the Wii U as its in HD. It also seems to appear that more and more people are getting hyped about the game! I really do hope that this leaked screenshot will be either a Pokemon Stadium 3 or something related to Pokemon Battle Revolution! In fact I found the video that it appeared from. I really love the video as it goes through all the Pokemon eras and even goes through spin-offs and the TCG! It starts from Red and Green and leads up all the way to X and Y! Check it out!

Pokemon Game Show Video:
[video=youtube;-Ifspg5ZCkw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=-Ifspg5ZCkw[/video]

Last edited:

tysonrss

Keyblade Master
Probably a Stadium successor. I'll pass.

Battle Revolution was a Stadium successor.

Anyway I'm sure this is for Wii U, it doesn't take a genius to figure that out. What I hope is that it isn't like BR. But to be honest, the gamecube tried the whole rpg thing and failed miserably at it. Sticking to handhelds is what they should do.

Fig

The Altruist
It has been leaked by sources that The Pokemon International Company has trademarked two new games: Pokén Fighters and Pokkén Tournament. The Japanese trademark Pokkénseems to be taken from combining Poké from Pokémon with ken, which means fist. As it turns out a lot of clues seem to contribute to this clause as the icon for Fighting-Type Pokémon from the TCG is shown on the top right of the screen and the fact that both Blaziken and Lucario have a Fighting-Type in their Typing. If this is truly the case, I actually would like to here more about this Pokkén Fighters/Tournament game! I hope we get to hear more about this sometime soon! Links is below for more information:

http://www.gamnesia.com/articles/the-pokemon-company-trademarks-pokken-fighters-pokken-tournament#ad-image-0

http://pokemonfigure.blogspot.com/

http://www.siliconera.com/2013/08/20/pokkn-fighters-might-be-that-mysterious-pokmon-game-with-lucario/

pizzavato

B*RS
Looks like a pokemon fighting game
thejwittz explains something about this in one of his most recent youtube videos. look him up if you want.

I personally would love an official Pokemon fighting game (It's gotta have Gardevoir >:3) with fast paced combat. (And keep the level up system...maybe the EV system too.)

Fig

The Altruist
It would also be really nice if the combo moves can actually be their Pokemon moves that they can learn throughout the game! That would really be a nice touch to the game and I would quite enjoy that! Oh how I love seeing how brilliant I can be! X3

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom