• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild So, if Breath of the Wild came to Xbox One..

Sheikah_Witch

I just really like botw
Let's entertain the thought for a while. It's sunday, after all.

There's been rumors recently about Horizon: Zero Dawn coming to PC this year. A first party, Sony-owned exclusive IP making it's way onto a 'rival' (sort of) platform. This doesn't exactly open the floodgates for tossing IP's front, left and centre, but it's certainly interesting.

There's no secret, either, with Nintendo and Microsoft becoming pals as of late, with Microsoft putting Ori and Cuphead on Switch (the latter which was actually Microsoft's idea) - and not to mention Banjo in Smash and Sakurai making Xbox One trend on Twitter in Japan.

What if Breath of the Wild (by many considered Nintendo's most mainstream AAA title yet) came to Xbox One?

Blasphemy or smart business move?

BLASPHEMY!!

Xbox games coming to Switch us because Microsoft fecked up the current gen with the Xbone, now they're finding themselves irrelevant while Nintendo and Sony soar.

But, unlike Nintendo, Microsoft don't really have any loyalty to their IPs. Microsoft isn't just Xbox, that's just a small part of Gates' empire so making money on any platform is probably what Microsoft value most, whereas I think Nintendo would rather shut their doors completely if they were to go down and not let any of their IPs on to other consoles.

Even in their darkest times during the Gamecube and Wii U eras Nintendo weren't throwing their IPs onto other consoles to make money on software while the hardware failed.

I can't see Nintendo ever letting Zelda or Mario or anything be available in the enemy camps, even in desperate times. I think they'd rather die on their swords.

The spirit has said it all :)

afaik Nintendo is very cocky.
They do not want to be dictated terms, they want to dictate the terms.
Nothing wrong with the attitude ....in fact that's what has made Nintendo what it is today.
so a marriage between Nintendo with Xbox or Nintendo with Sony... ...naaahhh...not at least in the coming 25 years.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom