• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Skyward Sword So I Finally Have Wii (sort Of) and SKyward Sword

The Jade Fist

Kung Fu Master
My first impressions, are I suck at motion controls lol.

Beat the first dungeon though, it took practically forever to get thru all the initial plot in the game to go there.

Flying with any accuracy is hard, or is it just me?

I'm actually kinda enjoying it so far, I just wish the wiimotion plus was a little better about telling link to side slash at the angle I wanted him to.

Holding my sword skyward is a bit wonky, and some of the directional based movement is only made possible by being able to hit d-pad down to recenter where it thinks i'm pointing.

I keeps thinking i'm trying to shield bash when I move my right hand at all though. (ya i hold the wiimote in my left hand and nunchuck in right, it just feels a little better that way, its a shame Link can't be switched to left handed though to match movement a bet better though)

And there doesn't appear to be a way to switch my Z targeting mode to switch instead of hold, which is kinda annoying.

I'm glad i've managed to avoid any real spoilers or guides though. That first boss I wasn't quite expecting and was rather quite polite of him to leave me a heart container.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Flying with accuracy is easy.

Ehm are you swinging too hard? Because it's fact that the Wiimote controls work when used "properly". Recalibration really only needs to be done if you didn't calibrate on a flat surface, if you didn't swing hard enough or if you swang too hard. (lol swang)

Otherwise I'm glad to hear you're enjoying it! Better complete it then do Hero Mode, it's super hard! :yes:

The Jade Fist

Kung Fu Master
Well I said sort of have a wii, me and friend kinda co own it, and its set up at his house, so it'll take longer then usual to complete the game, since I can't play it at home.

And I think the wii motion would have been a bit better, if we had set the motion bar up under the tv instead of on top.

Beauts

Rock and roll will never die
I recommend trying to use the nunchucks in the left, just so your swordwork will be easier.

As for flying, you get used to it, but it is quite annoying I agree, because the loftwing tends to drift.

Glad you're enjoying it :)

MW7

Welcome to the Skyward Sword party.

I definitely was annoyed with the pace of the game at the beginning as well, but the once the game gets going the content is really enjoyable. Personally I felt like the game started off strong (once you get to the gameplay) but somehow managed to save the best parts for later in the game.

As for controls I don't recall having issues with flying, but I definitely had to press down on the d-pad often as you do. Swordfighting is surprisingly accurate, but it's a little less than perfectly intuitive so there is a learning curve. It took me about two or three dungeons to be completely comfortable with the sword. Also I agree that the shield bash is overly sensitive. For me these little quirks didn't take too long to become accustomed to, and once you master the controls it's a ton of fun.

Also yeah the first boss is probably the best first boss ever. The only other first boss I liked that much was in Majora's Mask. Other than Majora's Mask the bar had been set low, and Skyward Sword knocked it out of the park. The rest of the game is very good, and I hope you have a great time.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Oh while you're at it, I highly recommend that you DO NOT dowse. It's fun stuff ^^

Dragoncat

Twilit wildcat: Aerofelis
Sroa Link said:
I have a different reason in mind on why should he cry....
Hey its not my fault that scene pulled on my heartstrings :(

Ventus said:
Oh while you're at it, I highly recommend that you DO NOT dowse. It's fun stuff
Dowsing is useful only in the first playthrough. After you know where to go...it becomes redundant.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Dowsing is useful only in the first playthrough. After you know where to go...it becomes redundant.
It's redundant either way because Zelda is meant forexploration
while dowsing is just another way to hand hold. That's why I said not to use it - to find out the wondrous world of SS yourself!

I also had a hard time with the flying, but, like with most things, it takes time to get used to. It's funny, SS is the most recent Zelda I've played and I've completely forgotten who/what the first boss was. :/ Damn my crappy memory.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I also had a hard time with the flying, but, like with most things, it takes time to get used to. It's funny, SS is the most recent Zelda I've played and I've completely forgotten who/what the first boss was. :/ Damn my crappy memory.
Ghirahim I. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom