• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

So, Grass, Water, or Fire?

Which team are you on?

• Team Chespin

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Team Fire Fox

• Team Internet Explorer Frog

• Total voters

The Jade Fist

Kung Fu Master
With the inclusion of Gen 1 starters early in the game, I'm actually debating about not starting grass type like I usually do. (because I can just grab bulbasuar)

So Between the 3 starters, if you aren't aware of their evolutions I won't spoil them for you, but for those of us that are aware, which one do you think you'll be most likely to start with?

I'm personally leaning towards fire starter, but the grass starter looks down right awesome at its final evolution, and is hard to turn down.

Sydney

The Good Samaritan
I've already planned out my team perfectly. I'm going to start out by picking up Froakie, because I was really found of its evolutions. Then I'm going to pick up Bulbasaur, who's my favorite Gen I starter. Lastly, I plan on picking up the free Torchic with Blazikenite (spelling????), and thus having all three elemental starters in my team. I don't know about you, but i'm feelin' 22 I think it's a genius plan.

The Jade Fist

Kung Fu Master
Ya, thats true I still get a torchic don't I? Hmm mayabe I could pick up chespin, then get a squirtle instead of bulbasaur (i always loved both of them pretty highly, but bulbasaur was always a little more to my liking, because I like poisons and drains)

That'd give me chespin, squirtle and a torchic. (To be honest I was never a blaziken fan, I mean its cool and all and I don't hate it, I just never fell in love with it either) That gives me 2 fighting types as well perhaps redundant.

Maybe I could just double down on the grass types because its my favorite type aside form ice and fighting.

SNOlink

I'm baack. Who missed me?
I was originally going to get Fennekin, but once I saw Froakie's final form I liked it a lot more than Fennekin's. That and I like dark types more, personally.

TriFiERCE

Fury, Spirit, and Will
I still don't know what Norse legend to name Froakie after! THINK THINK THINk....

Rachel

be vigitant
I'll choose the frog one when I get it, and probably Bulbasaur as the second starter. The frog looks cute and strong, convenient for surfing. Plus I think I'll get the Torchic, so I'll have water, grass/poison, and fire!

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
Fennekin is cuter than its evolutions.

Fennekin was never supposed to be cute. That was Chespin's job... which, I gotta say, is the only real reason I dislike Chesnaught. Its design is a little odd, but nothing terrible; however, it's like going from Cyndaquil to Quilava in that everything that was interesting beforehand is gone. Chestnaught is FAR from cute, but rather something you wouldn't want to cross paths with. Sure, that fits the Grass/Fighting typing, but both Chespin and Quilladin look adorable -- I hated Quilladin at first, but I've come to realize he intentionally looks goofy and that that's part of his charm -- so the sudden transition makes zero sense. They easily could have made him look tough while maintaining a level of cuteness.

ANYWAY, TANGENT ASIDE. Fennekin's token role was to be the PRETTY (and sassy) one, and its evolutions absolutely nail that. In fact, I think Delphox does a fine job of what I was saying about Chestnaught -- respectively, of course. It looks tough, but it didn't abandon that sense of sass and... womanlyness... (I have no idea.)

I really think you're being too hard on your baby doll.

Although it could be said you deserved to feel this way, what with how much you fangirled over her. :P

Sir Quaffler

May we meet again
Yeah, I didn't look up the final forms of the starters yet so I don't know what they eventually look like.

However, based on the secondary forms I chose Fennekin. It seems like it's gonna turn into a fire mage, which is awesome. First fire starter since Charmander, actually. I almost always go for Water type for some reason, so I wanted to switch it up this time around.

The Jade Fist

Kung Fu Master
They are worse than Froakie's but better than Chespin's.

Regardless, Fennekin is cuter than its evolutions.

Worse then chespins? What?

Come on this guy looks awesome in game.
chesnaught_by_xous54-d6p3eob.png

His middle evolotion is a bit iffy but you can't hate that final form.

Last edited:

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
His middle evolotion is a bit iffy but you can't hate that final form.

I can.

JuicieJ said:
Fennekin was never supposed to be cute. That was Chespin's job... which, I gotta say, is the only real reason I dislike Chesnaught. Its design is a little odd, but nothing terrible; however, it's like going from Cyndaquil to Quilava in that everything that was interesting beforehand is gone. Chestnaught is FAR from cute, but rather something you wouldn't want to cross paths with. Sure, that fits the Grass/Fighting typing, but both Chespin and Quilladin look adorable -- I hated Quilladin at first, but I've come to realize he intentionally looks goofy and that that's part of his charm -- so the sudden transition makes zero sense. They easily could have made him look tough while maintaining a level of cuteness.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom