• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

So! Castlevania...?

T

TheLastLink

One of the many series i have been looking at for a while now,
I'm mainly interested about your opinions about the DS Castlevanias.
So are they worth getting, or should i just save my money?:hmm:

TriforceHunter

Forever I am Abandoned
Ds Castlevania to me is kinda meh, it's been the same Metroidvania ever since SotN. I say you go get the Older Castlevanias(I, III, IV, II sucks) Yet it's just my opinion, and be careful if you arent that skilled those games can be downright impossible, Just a fair warning!

*M i d n a*

Æsir Scribe
I've only played Castlevania games in the ps2 and nintendo64. I was planning on getting Order of Eclessia for the Ds, but I also wanna get a few Zelda games, so I don't know right now. If I were you, I'd give a game a chance, you never know if you are gonna end up liking it.

You know how in most other "Metroidvania" games like Metroid Prime each room are all unique and distinguishable and backtracking never truly feels boring?

Castlevania is not one of those games.
Atleast, Castlevania: Dawn of sorrow and Potrait of Ruin are not. Haven't played Order of Ecclesia yet.

sorry but metroidvania doesnt impress me, including symphony of the night, infact i hate that game for turning castlevania into metroidvania. they arent bad just not that great. best castlevania games will always be 1-4 (yes including 2, its terribly flawed but is still amazing)

Kybyrian

I don't care what you all say about metroidvania. SotN is great.

Also other Castlevanias are good too.

Skull_Kid

Bugaboo!
From the 3 DS Metroidvanias, the best is probably Order of Ecclesia(it is en-par with Symphony of the Night, the best of the series).
Portrait of Ruin is not bad, actually it has a very good gameplay part, but the plot is kinda bad, and Dawn of Sorrow is a sequel to Aria of Sorrow, and I'd suggest that you'd play the GBA one first

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom