• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

So, About the Ending of Any Zelda Game.......

jamezrockz98

Link rockz like me. Yay!!
so here's the thing, i finished playing oot on n64 last year (yay!!!!) and when i went back onto my file, it didn't save when i beat ganon/ganondorf. then, i finshed ph. and the same thing happened. when i was playing bellum the second time, it doesn't let you save. and then i played st and the same thing happened. can someone please explain to me what is going on? thanks:D

SuperSilly

Horizon Walker
Are you referring to it having saved your game so that when you load you can walk around and see what happened after you beat it? If so, don't worry, because it isn’t supposed to save your game after beating Ganon in OoT. I believe it's the same with those DS games.

After defeating him it goes to a cutscene and the credits, and that’s all there’s supposed to be. The game doesn’t automatically save because there is no second quest or walking around to see the results of what you’ve done. It should be loading your game to a point before the fight with Ganondorf begins, even if you saved while fighting him.

There are some games in the series which can be saved after beating them though. In OoA & OoS you can save at the end of either one, and though I can’t quite remember I think it depends on which one you beat first. It makes sense because of the linked game able to be played between them, and the password system in them.

Aside from that, there are some games with a second quest available after beating them. They are The Legend of Zelda, The Adventure of Link, and The Wind Waker. A second quest is replaying through the game with some differences. So, the DS games didn’t save afterwards because I'm pretty sure there is no second quest for them.

I hope this clarified things. ^^

Ariel

Think for yourself.
This is one of the very minor qualms I have with the series. The Zelda games never let you save after you finish them. No matter what you do, they'll always result in a file where the final boss hasn't been defeated. This essentially leaves the ending open permanently. That's just how it's designed. Probably to allow you to fully complete the games (i.e. collect all the power ups and stuff) before you face the final boss. When you finish a game, beat the final boss, roll the credits, that's it. Nothing more to do. Adventure over, but they will not have a file where the final boss is defeated and you just roam the world aimlessly. It's just how the games are.

Notable exceptions to this rule are the Oracle games, which were meant to be played one after the other, so you need to complete a game to go on to the next, and I think the original LoZ, which had a second quest. Other than that, all other games are permanently uncompleteable.

jamezrockz98

Link rockz like me. Yay!!
thanks for your help but i still have one thing to ask. i went to my friend's house and he was playing oot. when he beat ganon/ganondorf, he went back to the quest screen and i noticed that the triforce had turned gold which never happened when i beat the final boss. any reasons why??????

is not exactly as if you can or cant save, you cant save, but I think that in some games it auto saves some of your things, but you can always beat the last boss again and again

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom