• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Snowpeak Snowboarding

Link Master

The Hero's Master
Hi I think the snowboarding in Twilight Princess was a fun idea did anyone else think this.
It is my favorite pass time in the game does anyone else agree? I remember if you beat Yeta you get a prize.
One last question did you like racing Yeta or Yeto better mine is Yeta.:):mastersword::zelda::bow::triforce:

Dungeon killer

Dungeon's Shall Fall!
It was a good adition to the game. I always do it against Yeta (I like challenges).:nod::nerd:

Hey did you guys know that you can hit Yeta and Yeto with your sword to stun them while you racing (all you have to do is swing the wii remote like you alway's do) and walla you have stunned them.

Hint: it works better on Yeto the Yeta, because Yeta is faster.

Last edited by a moderator:

SuperSilly

Horizon Walker
I loved the snowboarding mini-game in TP, it is one of my favorite mini-games in the series. The music was great and it was lots of fun.

It took me a while to defeat Yeto as I kept snowboarding off the edge of a narrow ice bridge. :P Then after defeating Yeto I was only able to defeat Yeta after watching which short-cuts she took and then copying her. It was interesting because it seemed like they were able to fit two courses in the same area. I only wish you could race more Yetis on harder courses, or that it would have gotten harder somehow after getting the heart piece from Yeta, who is my favorite to race because its more difficult to win.

ironknuckle1

Archer Extraordinaire
I like racing yeta and i loved this minigame. They need to bring it back with harder courses and more people to race against.

Waker of winds

Finally playing PH!
This minigame was so fun! the Music in it was beautiful, and racing against Yeta was very hard...

Riding a frozen leaf in a mountain against a Yeti and his wife sounds weird enough, but it's quite fun:P.

I had trouble going against Yeta because I wasn't able to find the shortcuts, but then I found them and I was able to beat her.

arkvoodle

Diabolical
Ah the Snowbaording Minigame...
This was one of my favourite minigames in Twilight Princess, the race against Yeta was very fun!

It took me a while to beat Yeta, as I hadnt played Twilight Princess in a while,and I wasnt used to the controls.
I kept skating off the edge for most of the race, and eventually, I suceeded in beating her! Yay!

Zarom

The King
The Snowboarding minigame was pretty fun. It's absolutely amongst the best minigame in TP. :)

Yeta is a lot harder than Yeto, which I've never lost against him... :hmm: But Yeta is way more challenging and I didn't know about the shortcuts at first... Then I discovered them and after a few tries, I was finally able to beat her. :P

Hey did you guys know that you can hit Yeta and Yeto with your sword to stun them while you racing (all you have to do is swing the wii remote like you alway's do) and walla you have stunned them.

? :huh: I already knew we could draw our sword while on the snowboard, but I never knew we could stun them.... I guess I'll have to try it on my next playtrough. Thanks for the tip! :sword::mastersword:

Last edited by a moderator:
I liked this minigame too. I'm always a fan of odd little minigames like this in games in general, but I've always liked it especially in RPGs and in Zelda. I had some trouble with this one, especially while racing Yeta, but it was still a lot of fun. :D

I would like to see more minigames of this sort in future games. The snowboarding, as well as a lot of other minigames in Twilight Princess, were really interesting, fun, and different from the rest of the game (which I always adore in a minigame). I'd love to see more games expand on this... it really was TP's biggest strength.

Ah! No I didn't know that! That would have made things so much easier! Thanks for the tip. ^^

Y2K3

Lushier than Mercy!
I'll admit, this is a pretty fun mini-game. I've only ever tried against Yeta once or twice, so I haven't beaten her. I've always tried using the shortcutsw, but I'l horrible at using them and they end up doing more bad than good.

NorthApple

GIVE ME THE APPLE!!
Oh man, I thought this was a really creative part, and fun as anything to play xD It was one of TP's strengths (as said).... like the iron boots sticking to magnets.
Yeta can be such a cheating !&@#*. I think I'm too competetive... she owned me once and that was it, I kept playing until I beat her~ (*follows her and then uses the shortcut against her*) :):sword:

Does anyone else find it odd how she opts to slide down an icy mountain on her stomach?! Also she doesn't appear to have arms wut. And how can Yeto keep his balance yet he's only standing on the leaf with one foot... whatever.

Raven

Former Hylian Knight
yep the music is lovely, i got to this part yesterday and spent a bit more time with it than usual. the boarding is fun and you can amp that up by creating challenges for yourself while going down (bring lots of fairies), like finding a new route (there are a few interesting ways to go if you look for them) or not messing up once.

i even found a poe i had never known about there.. neat! mann i explored the heck outta that place. i found out you can get behind the starting point while on your skate leaf thing and ride around down by the door and ice patch, although the patch breaks your board so you have to go around it while trying not to fall off the cliff side.

there are also a few out of bounds in this location and i may have discovered one (cause i found it without help and haven't seen it on youtube yet) that you can use while boarding to catch a @#$% load of air, its at the start after the first jump on the right side, you aim for the rock and with the right angle and some luck you'll hit it and go flying.

the mini games where definitely one of tp's strengths, i wish there had been a few more.

I'll admit, this is a pretty fun mini-game. I've only ever tried against Yeta once or twice, so I haven't beaten her. I've always tried using the shortcutsw, but I'l horrible at using them and they end up doing more bad than good.
Yeta was really damn hard. I wasn't too good at the minigame to begin with, and Yeta was essentially it's ultimate challenge.

I'm pretty sure you have to use the shortcut to beat her, because she uses it and she goes so fast. I don't think it's possible any other way, sadly.

I did manage to beat her. But it took a while and a lot of tries. I also think I lost part of my soul doing it. :P

Qwerty0805

Pixelated Sword Member
I liked it, but being the SSX player I am, this didn't seem as good in comparison and was really easy.
If it reapears in another Zelda game I hope it will be harder, and tricks will be added

For the stupid question bound for someone to ask after reading this, it has nothing to do with that. It's a snowboarding game.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SSX_(series)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom