• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Snow: Yay or Nay?

T

Trust

Yay, in my opinion.

tumblr_medtft1UnV1rig7vyo1_500.gif

There is something about eating snowflakes that is so pleasing that it feels calm in a way. Snow leaves you breathless. It can be fun, yet soothing at the same time. I just think it's wonderful weather. I have such great memories.

Ah, December is nearing. I can't wait for the snow.

Last edited by a moderator:

Xinnamin

Mrs. Austin
I used to live in Chicago, snow all the time, loved it so much. There's just something really soothing about watching snow fall, especially at night when light bounces off the snowflakes in the dark. Just doesn't feel like winter to me without it.
Course then I moved to the mid-atlantic coast and there's almost never snow this far south (except that 2010 blizzard, GOD that was awesome). Winter just has never been the same and I can't make myself believe it's December right now. When I finish college I'm moving north, far north, to like...the Canadian border or something. I want snowy winters again.

Zorth

#Scoundrel
Hate it..
Cold, gets my clothes wet, have to wear big annoying jackets and my nose feels like a waterfall.. :mad:

TheMasterSword

The Blade of Evil's Bane
I live in southern California, where we don't see snow. However, it isn't the stereotype many think (it's always warm gais!). Honestly, I would love to go to the snow, as I haven't been there since i was very young, however I hear mixed emotions for it. However the best way to find out is to experience it.

We just had a large snowstorm in Minnesota over the last 24 hours or so. I love looking at it, but driving is an absolute nightmare.

vengenz

Sheikah Warrior
I live in Arizona and in my city we don't get snow. I hate it.
I love snow, when I first went to Prescott and saw snow I was mesmerized! :) I love it.
So, yay for me.

Heroine of Time

Rest in peace, Paris Caper...
I've never seen it snow before, so I can't comment.

I'm serious. I live in a desert. I've seen snow in the GROUND, but I've never seen it actually fall from the sky in all of my life. The one time in my life span that it actually snowed in my area, I was on the computer typing away on a forum, totally oblivious to real life until the next everyone was so excited by the snow that I'd MISSED.

Wow. This thread has just made me depressed. D:

Not Take Mirror

Sage of Ice
After a random SB conversation, I could hardly believe it's December already. Here is certainly doesn't feel so. Maybe I apply the stereotypical view of snow and frost too narrowly but when there is only a light draft outside I feel as though it's mid October at farthest.

You know what? I'm thankful for this weather. Snow is one of the greatest travelling impediments around. Not only does it grind nearly all traffic to a halt but defrosting your car and scrapping the snow from the driveway to get the car out is nothing short of painful. When snow begins to melt, it turns an ugly black producing a muddy liquid residue.

On the flip side, there are those who admire snow for its gentle feel upon first fall and beauty. Upon careful examination, a single snow flake is truly a sight to behold. Snow is always a versatile building substance for snowmen, snow castles, and the like or something to simply good off with whether this means engagement in snow ball fights or lying down and creating snow angels.

What are your thoughts on snow? Where do you fall on the spectrum? Feel free to share any specific experiences with us.

snowman55.jpg

As a Minnesotan I've experienced my share of snow. I suppose I fall somewhere in middle. I appreciate snow for it's beauty and winter activities like skiing but I also know how much of a hassle it can be to shovel it and brush it off your car. Not to mention, that snow can be a real travel hazard.

Talicor

Bringer of Dragons
Ha! Am I the only one that lives in a Sub Arctic climate? I live in an itty bitty valley in Wyoming. Here we generally have snow about 6 to 8 months of the year! And a LOT of it! It has even snowed on the Fourth of July! I personally love snow (for about 6 months anyway.) but when it's almost June the snow has worn out its welcome... It's been a blizzard here all weekend!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom