• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Snow: Yay or Nay?

DisappearingMist

Mrs. Caleb
It's a necessary evil here in Alaska....I love it and I hate it. I hate driving in it, and I hate clearing it out of my driveway. Otherwise, I like it. It's beautiful, especially when fresh. It's fun to play in and build with. We had a record amount this past winter though, and it made life difficult several days this year, so I'm not thrilled when it does snow right now...

Libk

Spaceballs: The Mafia Player
Ah snow. I love snow and I hate snow. The only reason I hate it is shoveling it out of the driveway. But here are my loves for it. See, this year we are apparently going to get a heavy snowfall in Maryland. I sure as hell hope so as it is my senior year. And here, if we have a month off school because of snow, then that means seniors have even less time in school. The last day for seniors does not change even if the weather is extremely bad most of the year. that would be so great. That and I love building snow huts. I think there is a blog somewhere around of me in one I made one year.

Sydney

The Good Samaritan
Living in Florida most of my life, I didn't even know that snow existed or even what is was. I moved up north and that changed fast. 2009 (I think) we must've gotten about 2-3 feet of snow. To put it in perspective, that's like 3/4 of me (then again, I'm really short). I love snow, I truly do. I just hate shoveling it and the cold weather it brings with it.

Linknerd09

Luigi Fan
Nay. I dislike the snow. I do like to go outside with the snow, but not to be there all day. So, no to the snow. I like to view the snow and how it's layered on the city. Looks beautiful, but I do not like to go out in the snow.

SpiritGerudo

Flamey-o, Hotman!
Living in Michigan, generally we don't get snow before Thanksgiving and it stays cold enough through February. I love it, I have too many good memories sledding down this HUGE hill at a park nearby, it's torture to climb back up but totally worth it, especially if you have 6 people on one long toboggan, or if you have the individual flat circular sleds and someone set up a jump on the side of the hill. You can get some serious air on one of those things. It starts to get annoying into February since my high school has two buildings and I have to walk between them twice a day -_- but I love snow nonetheless.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Snow is a very yay thing for me. Living in Texas, snow is oddly rare; one year we might get around a month worth of snow (or at least, conditions in which snow would be produced), the very next year we won't even get so much as sleet. When snow DOES come in Texas, it's basically like an infinite wonderland; the gleaming white that overtakes the once green/yellow grasses is so amazing, I could live there.

And what's more? Even though it's COLD, I manage to have great fun making snow forts, snowmen, and just falling in the snow. The streets are usually empty because snow = bad weather condition, so we're even allowed to run around the neighborhood without fear of being hit by cars or bad people roaming about! I love the snow <3

Mudora

Innocent but not fearful.
I absolutely love snow. Going outside to skate, sled, make snow forts/snowmen/snow angels, or have a snowball fight, then coming inside to sip hot cocoa by a roaring fire were all activities that I loved doing when I was younger - even now I still enjoy them. The only bad thing about snow for me is that due to my location, most years it doesn't leave until the end of March. Even when it does finally melt, there still is the off chance that I'll see one more blizzard before summer. For example, a couple of years ago, we had a bad blizzard towards the end of April! In another year, there was a light snowfall in May. In the end though, snow is definitely a yay for me.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
I love snow. Winter is one of my favorite seasons, and one of the reasons for that is snow. It's lovely to look at. It gives the world around us a refreshing new look, and brightens up our surroundings. It's very peaceful to look at, and watching snowfall is also very soothing. Snow gives people something to do, too; kids can make snowmen out of it, have snowball fights, people can go sledding, etc. Snow gives rise to a whole bunch of fun activities.

The cold that comes with snow is also very refreshing. You could say it makes us appreciate our technology; we have heaters to warm us up. It can also bring people together; snuggling together to warm up can bring two people even closer. Snow is really a magical thing.

I can understand why some people wouldn't like it, though. Snow melts and makes things wet, and when snow gets dirty it's no longer pleasant to look at. It also causes all the roads to get icy and/or blocked, and I'm sure there aren't many people who enjoy shoveling their driveways and sidewalks. Despite these things, though, I still love snow. In fact, I think these negative aspects pale in comparison to the good things about snow.

Lord Vain

Dawn of a New Day
Living in Canada, snow is one thing I have seen a lot over the year, and in all honesty I don’t mind the stuff. Sure, it can be dangerous is regards to driving conditions among other things, but overall it’s still a pretty fun thing to have around in my opinion. Haven’t got any snow here in my part of Ontario yet, but I’m sure it’s coming, and I’m ready for it.

I don't get enough snow where I live. Last year we had a few days where it's snowed over and College was closed for the day, YAY! and I really like it out there, I wish there was more of it to be honest. The trouble is alot of people in England see the harmful side of snow and panic from the mere sight of it. :xd:

PhantomTriforce

I am a Person of Interest
I've lived around places that always snow in the winter, and I do not like the snow. I don't hate it, because it is cool to look at and all. But other than that, I'll go without snow, thanks. Snow is associated with cold, and I very much prefer warm weather to cold any day. Last year was good for me because despite living in Pennsylvania, we got snow for only one or two days in the entire season. I hope it like that this 2012-2013 winter season too.

Joy

The Sexy One
I like snow, mainly because I enjoy skiing. I have fond memories of rolling around in it or whatever it is kids do. So, even if it's a bit of a pain to shovel, I think that it's worth it. Plus it makes the countryside so pretty.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom