• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread Sniper Mafia: A Sharpshooter's Delight

Status
Not open for further replies.
This was my first game being a mafia member giving advice. I'd like to say I gave good advice, but blowing your cover can ruin it no matter what master plan there was.

@A Link In Time I think we should do conversations instead of quicktopics next time. It is a little annoying having to go to a conversation to find the quicktopic. Also, it lets the mafia know that something new was stated in the conversation

Hmm, I don't know if anyone has ever made the mafia chat in conversation exclusively on ZD before, but it could be tried.

funnier6

Courage~
I didn’t do a very good job, but then shooting people was never my thing. Now getting shot I can do that. :right:

Anyway yeah, I liked how intense it was, I don’t think I’ve ever been nervous as town before but I was this game lol. Personally I’d have added an independent cause this seems like a game where one of those might’ve actually won and added more chaos. I kind of regret not shooting someone for fun but I’m sure I would’ve regretted that too so :P

I wouldn’t mind doing it again some day, it really makes you think differently. Thanks for hosting @A Link In Time

Remaining role PMS:

Ayano Keiko/Choji147:

Hello, Ayano Keiko/Choji147,

You are Karl Fairburne, a Vanilla Townie.

216473_detail.jpg

Your vote is your power.

You win when all threats to the town are eliminated.

Please confirm you have received this role PM in the sign-up thread as soon as possible.

MegaPod:

Hello, MegaPod,

You are Master Chief, the Bulletproof Townie.

hqdefault.jpg

You begin the game with a bulletproof vest, which is used passively. This bulletproof vest prevents you from dying to a night action kill or in-thread attack once. You will be informed by the game moderator when you lose this bulletproof vest.

Please confirm you have received this role PM in the sign-up thread as soon as possible.

DekuNut:

Hello, DekuNut,

You are Gordon Freeman, a Vanilla Townie.

3189d0b01cff30b4e17acaff62b3abeb--half-life-nostalgia.jpg

Your vote is your power.

kokirion:

Hello, kokirion,

You are Agent 4, a Vanilla Townie.

315px-Agent_4_official_art.jpg

Your vote is your power.

Minish_Link:

Hello, Minish_Link,

You are Samurai Jack, a Vanilla Townie.

Samurai-Jack.png

Your vote is your power.

Doc:

Hello, Doc,

You are an ODST Sharpshooter, a Vanilla Townie.

Your vote is your power.

Thanks for playing, everyone! This was my 9th time hosting a mafia time (five on ZD, four on Mafia Universe).

I honestly completely forgot I was hosting a mafia game until Pendio let me know earlier this month in Discord. I usually like to get prepared with everything while the game before mine is running, but I had to improvise this time around. Also, the holidays were approaching, so I decided to take a page from MU's Counter Strike games and host an ITA fest.

The game was modified a bit, since those CS games tend to have 85 players, while we had 13, but I think it went well overall. The biggest change was changing the standard hit percentage from 15% to 20% on ZD, which wasn't anything major. There are some roles over there that have an 80% hit chance, but I didn't think it was appropriate for a game of this size.

With both vigs and the desperado dying on Day 1, this was the slowest this game could have gone, but I think it was better for it. Some people have stated this is a bastard game, but I don't think so. It may have been more unbalanced than a regular game, but there were no conversion mechanics or mod deception.

Let me know how you thought the game turned out, especially the ITAs. Should they have been open for longer each day instead of twice per day for two hours each?

MegaPod

Spooky Ceramic
"Your vote is your power"

You know, I think this is just what we need for vanilla roles. Positive reinforcement language. Really packs a punch! :)

Yeah, I've seen role pms listing the vote as their power before. Like in this role pm I made for a game myself:

Dear @player, you are Toshinori Yagi, a.k.a. All Might, from the manga series My Hero Academia. Once a great crime fighter, he was the eighth bearer of the One For All Quirk, granting him powers such as enhanced speed, strength, and durability. Ultimately, he passed on his Quirk to one of his students, Izuku Midoriya, spelling the beginning of the end of All Might's crime fighting days. However, Toshinori remains a force for good in other ways, such as by teaching Foundational Hero Studies at U.A. High School.

Due to passing on your superpowers to another, you are the Vanilla Townie. You have no special abilities to use against villain scum but your own vote and voice. You are aligned with the Town and win once the Mafia and any other threatening factions are eliminated.

I also have signups open for another game on another site, hint hint

funnier6

Courage~
I think the ITA windows were good, made the whole game need to be on at a certain time if they wanted to shoot and caused utter chaos so yeah, I think it was really good the way it was.

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
Loved the game ALIT. We always need new ideas in the mafia section to keep it fresh, and this game delivered.
Sorry I was quiet this game. It lined up perfectly with my trip to visit my uncle. Legit I attacked Mido the day before we left and were gonna leave in another hour or so. But I'm glad I made a dent with my RVS.
Good game everyone, mafia and town alike!

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer
Thanks for hosting @A Link In Time. I honestly have such a fun time with all of your games. You seem to incorporate interesting twists really well. Still a big fan of Night Hut. Haha.

But I agree with everyone else, this was a super fun game! Loved the ITA. Probably should've been less hesitant with them after day 1, but I was getting a lot of suspicion on me so I thought I'd tone it down a bit. :(

Everyone did a great job though. @kokirion's reads were so good. That's why I'm so scared of him in general, even though I haven't played a ton of games with him.

The reason I ultimately came down to choosing between Storm and Doc at the end was the night kill of funnier. Just didn't see that coming from Deku or Kokirion.

Also, I'm upset I didn't get Agent 3 or 4!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom