• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

SNES Classic Edition

DekuNut

I play my drum for you

Lozjam

A Cool, Cool Mountain
So apparently Fire Emblem: Mystery of the Emblem, Tetris Attack and Legend of the Mystical Ninja are all Japan-exclusive on the SNES classic.
Also, instead of getting SF2 Turbo, they're getting SF2: The New Challengers, and Final Fantasy 6 instead of 3.
US Exclusives seem to include Super Puncout and Castlevania 4

http://nerdist.com/super-nintendo-classic-will-include-different-games-in-europe-and-japan/
https://www.polygon.com/2017/6/26/1...edition-japanese-game-list-super-famicom-mini
Final Fantasy 6 and America's Final Fantasy 3 is the same game.

It's called Final Fantasy 3 in the US because at this point, we only had Final Fantasy, Final Fantasy 4(called Final Fantasy 2 in the West), and Final Fantasy 6(Called Final Fantasy 3 in the West).

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
Final Fantasy 6 and America's Final Fantasy 3 is the same game.

It's called Final Fantasy 3 in the US because at this point, we only had Final Fantasy, Final Fantasy 4(called Final Fantasy 2 in the West), and Final Fantasy 6(Called Final Fantasy 3 in the West).
Oh, cool. Didn't know that.

I've lost five nights of sleep waiting for this to go on sale. What's the holdup, NoA?!
Nintendo not having FDC approval for the product in the USA. So once that happens the US pre-orders can happen.

So apparently Fire Emblem: Mystery of the Emblem, Tetris Attack and Legend of the Mystical Ninja are all Japan-exclusive on the SNES classic.
Also, instead of getting SF2 Turbo, they're getting SF2: The New Challengers, and Final Fantasy 6 instead of 3.
US Exclusives seem to include Super Puncout and Castlevania 4
The Japanese Mini SNES is getting Panel de Pon, not Tetris Attack. There is a difference. Tetris Attack is the game the West got that is totally based on Panel de Pon. One game is based around faries and the other is based around Yoshi and friends. Both are the same base puzzle game though. But the music and characters and things are totally different.

Also FF6 is the same as FF3. In the west the SNES FF games were called 1-3. I know it's weird. So Japan FF6 = west SNES FF3. So both Japan and the west are getting the same game here. Just called different things.

The Japan exclusives are:
Fire Emblem (was never translated into English as far as I know)
Super Soccer
Panel de Pon
Legend of the Mystical Ninja
Street Fighter 2: The New Challengers

The West exclusives are:
Super Punchout
Super Castlevania 4
Street Fighter 2: Turbo
Kirby's Dream Course
Earthbound

@DekuNut I thought I'd reply to you so you had all the facts.

EDIT: Merged Double Post

Last edited by a moderator:

Jimmu

Administrator
Staff member
ZD Champion
Administrator
A number of posts have been removed from this thread due to being part of a conversation involving baiting. Not all users whom had their posts removed were involved in the baiting but as they were based on interactions with bait posting they have also been removed.

We like to have a friendly atmosphere on this forum. Therefore, Trolling/Baiting is not tolerated here. As such, we have contacted those needing to be contacted and will be keeping an eye out for any more action that needs to be taken.

MW7

Did anyone else buy a SNES Classic?

I owned and played 6 of the 21 games on the console previously: Donkey Kong Country, A Link to the Past, Street Fighter II, Super Mario Kart, Super Mario World, and Yoshi's Island. My goal is to beat as many of the remaining 15 as possible. I started with Super Mario RPG and completed it Saturday. I was very impressed with that game. I like the sense of humor and amount of collectibles. I moved onto Super Metroid and am almost through it. It's a great game, but I think the wow factor is diminished because I played Castlevania: Symphony of the Night a few years ago first. They are basically the same style, and SOTN obviously has the benefit of being more modern so it has more content.

Next I'll go for Earthbound and have no idea after that. I'm very happy with my purchase so far :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom