• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Smash tournament signups

Chevywolf30

The one and only.
Forum Volunteer
We have enough people I'm going to tentatively plan on doubles. Partners will be assigned via an RNG, except for @mαrkαsscoρ, I'm going to assign you to me so that way if you have to drop out, I will as well, no biggie.

EDIT: it just occured to me, if we get an odd number of participants, the last person to sign up will be considered a sub if anyone has to drop out for whatever reason.

ChomperRex20

Hero of hyrule
I hate to look like I’m copying people but can I also add ganondorf as a secondary? I thought we could only have one character.

ArchAngel217

Spoonman, come together with your hands, save meee
In your head, in your head. Zombie zombie zombie.
Ganondorf is a good choice. He has the most brute force out of all the characters in smash, and his idle combo can launch opponents at 47%, but his low speed is something to consider. His attacks can be interrupted easily. It's best to use the side-moving combo first, to disable your opponent for a while, then charge up the idle combo. The idle combo will launch just as your opponent recovers, and they'll get a significant amount of damage dealt.
(Yes, these are all my words.)

Fig

The Altruist
I just realized what you meant by double elimination. Holy crap I feel dumb. I guess I'll switch it to that then :fpalm:

Double Elimination is the style of having two brackets, one winner's side and one loser's side. This is the style of bracket that Term is using for his Pokémon tournaments. Single Elimination would be one bracket and as soon as you lose, you are out from the tournament which is what you commonly see in anime tournament-arcs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom