• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Smash Characters You Can Live Without

DarkestLink

Darkest of all Dark Links
As we all know, Sakurai is going to be cutting some characters from the list, so here I thought we could list some characters we could survive without.

My list:

Dr. Mario

Captain Falcon

Falco

Ice Climbers

Pichu

Roy

Meta Knight

Young Link

Toon Link

Wolf

Ness

Jigglypuff

Mostly clone characters with a few exceptions...and yes, I admit I kicked out some of the original in place of clones. XD

Mercedes

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
I'd have to just say the clone characters. I like their characters, but, just being a faster-but-weaker, or slower-but-stronger clone of another isn't too appealing to me. I think the overall concept is actually quite good, since you might like a character but wish he was one of those things, but, it shouldn't be used just to stretch out the roster.

Salem

SICK
First of all: ANYTHING BUT JIGGLYPUFF!!!

second, ice climbers are really unique characters I don't want them removed no matter what.

Actually, I hope as many characters stay in the game, I don't want anyone removed. But we all know that's not gonna happen.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Toon Link (his design is hideous and I prefer Young Link idgaf if he's a clone)
Zero Suit Samus (I have no interest in Metroid)
Pokemon Trainer (we have enough Pokemon as it is although I do like the three character dynamic)
Mewtwo
Lucario
Roy (Ike is cooler)
Pichu
C.Falc

That's about it atm.

Krazy4Krash

Staff member
Dr. Mario and Pichu are bloody awful, even outside the fact that they're pure clones. I'm dumbfounded at their inclusion in the first place. The only of the Melee exclusive characters that should ever be considered for a return is Mewtwo, although personally, I could certainly go without him still. Young Link included, too, I guess, but he's got a more than proficient moral replacement.

As for veterans from Brawl, I can technically live without any character, although the removal of most I would seriously question. I'm not truly supportive of removing anybody for no good reason, and even though there's certain characters I don't care about at all, to see them leave would still be heartbreaking. I can't give an answer.

I can live without Earthbound characters in the roster if I'm honest, Although Ness will probably stay in as usual. I've never really cared for the series since it never came to Europe. The Ice Climbers I can also live without. Honestly I have no idea why they were in the Character Roster in Brawl, Nintendo haven't done anything with the Ice Climbers at all so why should they waste a character slot?

I do hope Wolf stays in this time round, but I won't be too upset if he isn't.

Moonstone

embrace the brand new day
Brawl:

Metaknight
Lucas (or Ness. We only need one)
Snake
Sonic
Ganondorf or Cap't Falcon

Melee:
Roy
Dr. Mario
Falco
Pichu

Like most others, I want them to cut the clones. I'd like them to leave in interesting characters like Jigglypuff, Ice Climbers, Yoshi, etc. Sure, they're not the most popular, but for some people, those strange characters are the only ones they want to play. I pefer having a wide variety of play styles available.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
From Melee, I would drop Pichu and Dr. Mario. Seriously, who wants a clone that was downgraded from the original? Pichu's electric attacks make Pichu take damage.

From Brawl, I would drop Toon Link, Wolf, Possibly Meta Knight, and Lucas. I like using Ness, but I never liked using Lucas.

Brawl:

Metaknight
Lucas (or Ness. We only need one)
Snake
Sonic
Ganondorf or Cap't Falcon

Melee:
Roy
Dr. Mario
Falco
Pichu

Like most others, I want them to cut the clones. I'd like them to leave in interesting characters like Jigglypuff, Ice Climbers, Yoshi, etc. Sure, they're not the most popular, but for some people, those strange characters are the only ones they want to play. I pefer having a wide variety of play styles available.
Wait, why is Falco in the section for Melee characters?

Diddy Kong, Donkey Kong, Sonic, Solid Snake, Ice Climbers, Any clone characters from Melee (though they were already cut with Brawl), King Dedede, Ike (hopefully replaced with a different FE character, Like Lyn <3 ), Wolf, Lucario, ****ING ROB, Olimar, Wario, and maybe Game & Watch. Really, there's only a few characters I enjoy using enough to protest their departure, as long as we get plenty of good new characters to supplement. Better than the Wii Fit trainer. That's dumb.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom