• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Smash Bros Smash Bros Ultimate

Threads relating to the Super Smash Bros series.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
After some more hands-on time with her I can reinforce my position that she's fun but still not someone I will use much. She's about on the same level as Joker for my enjoyment.

So, my new DLC fighter ranking would be: byleth > hero > joker/min min >>> terry/banjo

thePlinko

What’s the character limit on this? Aksnfiskwjfjsk
ZD Legend
I gotta say, I’m not a huge fan of min min. Don’t get me wrong, it’s not like byleth (I hate the simple idea of him being in smash with every fiber of my being), I just don’t like min min mechanically.

the entire point of smash is the simple controls that anyone can pick up and play. Even the most complex of characters have the same move types. They all have two attack buttons, and each one changes with the direction you press. even characters like Ryu and terry who have command inputs still have these basic move sets. Unlike other fighting games, smash puts less of a focus on trying to understand the controls and more of a focus on the different properties of the characters.

Min min instead effectively has 2 normal attacks buttons, with one having an up and down special. Her neutral special is another jab, and it can get really confusing trying to control both arms separately. I get that it’s something you can get used to, but that completely defeats the purpose of smash.

Not my least favorite inclusion on the roster (though it doesn’t help that i didn’t really like ARMS to begin with), but definitely my least favorite character mechanically.

AwdryFan1997

you are not immune to propaganda
Recently, I had a few fights between Roy and Roy to see who is the definitive Roy. And I can say with complete certainty that Roy is better than Roy. I'm a pretty big fan of Roy. One of my favorite fighters. It sucks that he wasn't in Brawl.

I have to say that Sakurai and company really outdid themselves with Sephiroth. This is the best character pack by a mile. I love how the Sephiroth battle adds an extra layer to a villain finally being added as part of the DLC as you confront him and his boss rush classic mode is also a treat. He definitely interests me as a fighter as well. Might take some time to really learn Sephiroth's moveset.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
So, Smash reveal was Pyra/Mythra. Pretty neat. They look fun. They have potential to be in my top 3 DLC fighters just from that trailer.

byleth > hero > (potentially pyra/mythra) >>> joker > sephiroth > min min >>> terry > banjo > steve

Hope they're actually as fun as they look. Never liked the character change thing that Zelda and Sheik had and that's what they've got going on, so idk. We shall see.

Quin

Disaster Master
Damn, we are really getting the bottom of the barrel trash now huh. If they should have taken ANYTHING from that game it should have been Malos and not some zero personality horny teen bait. I really hope I'm gonna get something out of the last two characters, otherwise I'm afraid I wasted money on an uglier character select screen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom