• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Smash Bros Smash Bros Ultimate

Threads relating to the Super Smash Bros series.

Zachie

Moo
Honestly.. I've never really been good at Smash so I've never enjoyed it. My girlfriend is keen to get Ultimate though so maybe I'll play with her.

Honestly.. I've never really been good at Smash so I've never enjoyed it.
That's exactly why I like it. You don't need to be good at it or learn huge combo strings to have fun here. Easy difficulty exists for a reasons. Also I like progressing through the difficulties with my favourite characters. To see how good I can get.

Also here's an official source for the new trailer.
We should be keeping that other youtube channel garbage away from here.

DarkestLink

Darkest of all Dark Links
The more I see it, the more I'm really not digging these redesigns for the Zelda characters. They took the least interesting design for Ganondorf, but he still looks cool so I suppose it can slide. Link's just straight up butchered in every way. Zelda, I wasn't 100% sure why I didn't like her design before (aside from them using a Young Zelda model for Adult Zelda), but now I realize it's because she looks so silly and more like Princess Peach. I miss the regal contrast that really outlines their difference in character.

But with the story mode, this decision feels really jarring. I mean they all come from the same universe. They should know each other. I wouldn't have minded Toon Ganondorf and Adult Zelda being replaced by Toon Zelda, or even reverting them all to OoT design, but as it is, it feels too fractured and inconsistent to work well with a story mode.

For those who want the Smash Bros Ultimate hardcover guide, here are the prices on it in US$

Amazon US - 23.99
Book Depository - 26.62
Gamestop - 39.99
Best Buy - 39.99

Here are the prices I could find for the paperback version.

Book Depository - 13.26
Best Buy - 13.99
Gamestop 14.99
Amazon US - Not listed yet?

So me more differences between the two

Hardcover - 464 pages
Paperback - 272 pages

The hardcover is also wider and taller than the paperback.

I've ordered both from the Book Depository and when they come to me I'll be able to show you all exactly what the content differences are and which is the better buy.

YIGAhim

Sole Survivor
For those who want the Smash Bros Ultimate hardcover guide, here are the prices on it in US$

Amazon US - 23.99
Book Depository - 26.62
Gamestop - 39.99
Best Buy - 39.99

Here are the prices I could find for the paperback version.

Book Depository - 13.26
Best Buy - 13.99
Gamestop 14.99
Amazon US - Not listed yet?

So me more differences between the two

Hardcover - 464 pages
Paperback - 272 pages

The hardcover is also wider and taller than the paperback.

I've ordered both from the Book Depository and when they come to me I'll be able to show you all exactly what the content differences are and which is the better buy.
So... What would even be in a guide? Combos? I don't get it

So... What would even be in a guide? Combos? I don't get it
I own the Melee, Brawl and WiiU ones. They have their uses. Telling you how to unlock every character for starters. Some people want to get that done with so they can just smash with everyone. Others might find a certain boss hard in advernture mode and want a few tips. Or just information about every Spirit and unlockable in the game.

Though I will say the biggest draw for me is the artwork.

YIGAhim

Sole Survivor
I own the Melee, Brawl and WiiU ones. They have their uses. Telling you how to unlock every character for starters. Some people want to get that done with so they can just smash with everyone. Others might find a certain boss hard in advernture mode and want a few tips. Or just information about every Spirit and unlockable in the game.

Though I will say the biggest draw for me is the artwork.
Sounds cool. I'd buy it if it was less maybe 5-10 dollars.

Here's something that interested me. The number of characters per IP including Piranha Plant and excluding the 5x new DLC.

Mario - 9
Pokemon - 8 (Assuming the Pokemon Trainer is 1 character)
Fire Emblem - 7
Zelda - 6
Metroid - 4
Star Fox, Donkey Kong, Kirby, Kid Icarus, Mii - 3
Earthbound, Animal Crossing, Street Fighter, Castlevania - 2
F-Zero, Yoshi, Ice Climber, Game & Watch, WarioWare, Metal Gear, Sonic, Pikmin, ROB, Mega Man, Wii Fit, Punchout, Pac Man, Xenoblade Chronicles, Duck Hunt, Final Fantasy, Bayonetta, Splatoon - 1

YIGAhim

Sole Survivor
Is anyone else gonna grind all weekend when it comes out? I know I'll have other things to do, but eh. I guess I'll make sure I've done them early

Princess Niki

Allons-y
Staff member
I have heard that you can unlock all the characters within at least 4 hours if you really grind, I can't remember which Youtuber mentioned it (probably Gamexplain)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom