• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Smash Bros Smash Bros Ultimate

Threads relating to the Super Smash Bros series.

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
Ganondorf has 1-2 swords that haven't been explored rither. Ganondorf is also thick, and is overall a better character (agreed on my most) making it a better choice for the representation.

I hate Pokemon. Simple as that.

I hate him. Overused with no actual depth. Bad series rep.
Are you really arguing for more sword characters? Really?
Ganondorf is only considered better because we haven't seen Pig-Ganon in his classic form since 2001 (arguably 1991). If he were in more games that were better acclaimed, then maybe he'd be perceived differently. He did appear as a pig in TP technically, but that's different than the form he took on in the classic games. It's just a mindless, angry monster, instead of the humanoid monster he was initially portrayed as.

HeroOfTime

Challenger Approaching!
Honestly, Ganondorf is the only Zelda character that doesn't have a clone as of yet (Toon Link/Link, Zelda/Shiek). I hate the idea of adding a Pig-Ganon though, and I'd really like to see them add some more imaginative Zelda characters like the Happy Mask man or Champions (Skull Kid with Majora's Mask has been on my Smash fantasy list since before Brawl)

YIGAhim

Sole Survivor
Honestly, Ganondorf is the only Zelda character that doesn't have a clone as of yet (Toon Link/Link, Zelda/Shiek). I hate the idea of adding a Pig-Ganon though, and I'd really like to see them add some more imaginative Zelda characters like the Happy Mask man or Champions (Skull Kid with Majora's Mask has been on my Smash fantasy list since before Brawl)
What? Sheik is not a Zelda clone.

Zonda

Meme Connoisseur
I've had enough of:
-Sword characters
-Counter characters
-Fire Emblem characters.

In terms of additions to the cast, I've wanted Midna or her + Wolf Link as a playable character on the roster ever since I first played TP, but since she's an assist trophy in 4 I don't have particularly high hopes. I don't like the prospect of learning 70+ matchups either so I might not get too competitive unless I really like how the game handles (i.e: 64, Melee) and there isn't an abundance of unfun matchups or we get another pre-patch Diddy/Bayonetta scenario.

I hope the online is better because there's a tendency for it to become really choppy and unplayable unless both players have god-tier internet in Brawl and 4, and I really hope they decide to incorporate another Subspace Emissary-type adventure mode and maybe even reintroduce Smash Run, too.

Character balance-wise, I hope we get as much of the roster to be as close together as possible, preferably around S4 pre-patch Sheik's level. Last but not least, I really hope they leave Rage behind. It's just encouraging cheesy comebacks that nobody wants to be on the receiving end of, competitive or otherwise.

HeroOfTime

Challenger Approaching!
I also hope that they change Zelda's design to her BotW design because I'm tired of seeing that toilet princess look in Smash. BotW Link is a massive blessing.

Ugh. I can't stand the Barf of the Wild Zelda. I can barely tolerate BotW Link, in the end I actually hacked my game and replaced him. I'm really hoping they keep the TP designs, they're the most attractive by far.

Also, since there's been no news of a Smash 5 3DS release, I'm hoping that some of the previous 3DS-exclusive stages from Sm4sh will be added. It killed me to not be able to play the Spirit Tracks or Gerudo stages in HD.

Ganondorf is only considered better because we haven't seen Pig-Ganon in his classic form since 2001 (arguably 1991).

Didn't we get Pig Ganon in TP? That came out in 2006, and more recently remade in 2016...

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
Ugh. I can't stand the Barf of the Wild Zelda. I can barely tolerate BotW Link, in the end I actually hacked my game and replaced him. I'm really hoping they keep the TP designs, they're the most attractive by far.

Also, since there's been no news of a Smash 5 3DS release, I'm hoping that some of the previous 3DS-exclusive stages from Sm4sh will be added. It killed me to not be able to play the Spirit Tracks or Gerudo stages in HD.

Didn't we get Pig Ganon in TP? That came out in 2006, and more recently remade in 2016...
I said in his classic form, as the pig-man, not the beast form. Like how he appeared in A Link to the Past. Pig-Ganon as seen in Twilight Princess, while cool, is far too bestial to make a good Smash character imo.

Some general character wishes:

1. Cut down on Pokémon and Fire Emblem characters but have more relevant ones.

So get rid of Charizard, Mewtwo, and Lucario and add Eevee with all of her Eeveelutions. I know Sakurai wanted to move away from transforming characters, but this could be a really unique exception and very fitting.

Cut Roy, Ike, and Corrin from Fire Emblem. Add Chrom as a fan favorite and maybe one character from the upcoming Switch game to increase hype.

2. A few more iconic third party characters like Rayman and Crash. Rayman has made multiple appearances on Nintendo platforms and is very popular while the original Crash Trilogy coming to Switch ups his chances for Smash.

3. Revamp the Zelda roster. BotW Link was teased so I hope his move set involves using runes. Replace Toon Link with Young Link again and have him use masks from Majora's Mask. Have Ganondorf be in his HW design with a move set from that game. Replace Sheik with Master Kohga.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
Nah fam. Toilet Princess has always been the Ugliest game with the Worst designs. BotW has the best looks for Link and Zelda in the series and the best art style as well. Get that TP nonsense out of Smash asap.

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
All we need is more Xenoblade reps. Like all the main party members (and all the XC2 Blades) from all three games. Make it happen, Sakurai.

If I had my way on the Zelda roster, this is what I'd do:

BoTW Link
TP Zelda
OoT Ganondorf
Replace Sheik with Impa
Replace Toon Link with Skull Kid

I'd be fine with adding one of the Champions, but BoTW is already over a year old, so there's not much need to promote it with a one-time character.

YIGAhim

Sole Survivor
Some general character wishes:

1. Cut down on Pokémon and Fire Emblem characters but have more relevant ones.

So get rid of Charizard, Mewtwo, and Lucario and add Eevee with all of her Eeveelutions. I know Sakurai wanted to move away from transforming characters, but this could be a really unique exception and very fitting.

Cut Roy, Ike, and Corrin from Fire Emblem. Add Chrom as a fan favorite and maybe one character from the upcoming Switch game to increase hype.

2. A few more iconic third party characters like Rayman and Crash. Rayman has made multiple appearances on Nintendo platforms and is very popular while the original Crash Trilogy coming to Switch ups his chances for Smash.

3. Revamp the Zelda roster. BotW Link was teased so I hope his move set involves using runes. Replace Toon Link with Young Link again and have him use masks from Majora's Mask. Have Ganondorf be in his HW design with a move set from that game. Replace Sheik with Master Kohga.
You would cut ike before lucina? That is the saddest thing I have ever heard

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom