• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Smash Bros Smash Bros Ultimate

Threads relating to the Super Smash Bros series.
I could care less for Simon and Richter Belmont, but I am super excited to play as Chrom, Dark Samus, and King K. Rool.

The new design of Final Destination looks amazing as does the New Donk City Hall.

I am hoping the unannounced game mode is Adventure Mode but only time will tell.

Quin

Disaster Master
Perfect direct.
Castlevania reps, the 3rd party series that probably deserves it the most at the moment.
All my favorite stages are back
Zero as an assist.
RATHALOS
KING K. ROOL WTF
I'm still hyped.
The only downside is a 7th FE character. I mean, really?

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
I get it, but it doesn't deserve as many reps as Zelda or Mario. I think they're doing echo fighters to try and make it seem like there are fewer fighters for series like this, but people aren't going to see it that way.
And... if we're gonna get more FE characters, why is it Chrom? Not only is it yet another sword unit in a game that has three melee weapon types, but it's a boring one whose niche is already covered by multiple other characters. Give us Hector, or hell, even Ephraim. If you're gonna give us FE, give us something different.

HeroOfTime

Challenger Approaching!
After the first direct completely shattered my hopes, I was actually mildly excited by today's direct. I'm finally considering buying it now.
Simon Belmont (I think I found my new main)
King K Rool
Sweeeeet new menu
I've got mixed feelings about Chrom. I really want to play as him, but he and Lucy really shouldn't be in the game in the first place.
Niiice single player modes
Training mode that looks better than it has any right to be
Music additions...

I'm just actually somewhat looking forward to this right now. The Zelda cast, echo fighters, and pitiful graphics are the only things that keep me from loving the game so far.

Last edited:

NintendoCN

Team Captain
After the Smash direct I'm more hyped than ever, Chrom is my 2nd favorite FE character, second only to Ephraim from Sacred Stones.

Lots of cool stuff in this Direct; i dont really care for Simon Belmont despite me being a CV fan. I get why they chose Simon and the style they went for but... I would have rather Alucard be playable and Simon the assist, but Alucard is the Playstation boy and Simon was the one who kicked things off.

Over 100 stages, 900 music tracks (and ipod Switch mode), more items, more pokemon, more assists... it was all so good.

The Castlevania and K. Rool trailers were (as always) so great.

This Direct hyped me and maintained the hype. It was so good.

God damn i need to know if that teased mode is a story mode.

Libk

Spaceballs: The Mafia Player
Made a meme
It+was+me_900633_6695733.jpg

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
ZD Champion
upon seeing chrom, dark samus, and k rool, im a bit miffed that zelda is still stuck w/ the same reps, half of it being freaking links
now i only have a small request of sorts to toss in one more zelda character, an echo fighter would be just fine

YIGAhim

Sole Survivor
I haven't heard a person ask for Dark Samus...

Anyways, the direct looks great. Looking forward to the new mode that's more like traditional fighting games

I haven't heard a person ask for Dark Samus...
Really? She's pretty popular in both mods and fan rosters, so I presume the demand was relatively high.

Echo fighters' development seems to be akin to those fan modded characters that get put overtop someone else in the roster, but with higher development standards and quality assurance. A lot of demands could potentially be met in the echo department, given how extensive all of those mod packs can get and have been in the past. Remember, an echo doesn't necessarily have to share their series with their original fighter.

HeroOfTime

Challenger Approaching!
Lots of cool stuff in this Direct; i dont really care for Simon Belmont despite me being a CV fan. I get why they chose Simon and the style they went for but... I would have rather Alucard be playable and Simon the assist, but Alucard is the Playstation boy and Simon was the one who kicked things off.

Over 100 stages, 900 music tracks (and ipod Switch mode), more items, more pokemon, more assists... it was all so good.

The Castlevania and K. Rool trailers were (as always) so great.

This Direct hyped me and maintained the hype. It was so good.

i need to know if that teased mode is a story mode.

I will refuse to get my hopes up about a story mode until the game is released. I don't care what Sakurai says before then.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom