• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Smash Bros Smash Bros Ultimate

Threads relating to the Super Smash Bros series.
However, the casuals are buying Switches. If there was such a separation, it wasn't because thays where interest in Smash was, but instead because of the situation Nintendo put that specific Smash game in.
The pros are buying the Switch as well. Just when you have a fukton more casuals buying the Switch also, the pro crowd gets drowned out a little. The pro Smash Bros crowd will be there for Switch.

Quin

Disaster Master
They will be there for every smash. I just hope they don't pander to them too much to the point the "casual" stuff is gonna suffer.

YIGAhim

Sole Survivor
They will be there for every smash. I just hope they don't pander to them too much to the point the "casual" stuff is gonna suffer.
If a casual gets a game they won't care if it's pampered for the pros. They woulsnt hardly notice. They would be like: "oh hey look Bayo's gotten a long needed need oh wait a minute I am a casual and it doesn't concern me".

I apologise for the harshness but it is my honest opinion. Maybe I am making too broad a generalization.

If a casual gets a game they won't care if it's pampered for the pros. They woulsnt hardly notice. They would be like: "oh hey look Bayo's gotten a long needed need oh wait a minute I am a casual and it doesn't concern me".
That's basically how you do a fighting game. You balance it towards pro competition. Only the really easy to pull off exploits are removed. This way the casuals have a learning curve they can work through while still having fun.

However that's the balance that's needed. TO make the game easy for the noobs (like me) to get into but with sound enough mechanics for the pros to enjoy too. Hard to get that balance right.

Zonda

Meme Connoisseur
The way the Smash community are acting (Pro players twitter, etc.) the entire Smash 4 scene and maybe some of the Melee crowd are going to migrate to Ultimate overnight. I'll probably dip my toe in the water myself but I don't see myself ditching 64/Melee altogether.

If they release Midna as a playable DLC character then catch me on that EVO grind and I'll actually practice for a top 32 spot.

The way the Smash community are acting (Pro players twitter, etc.) the entire Smash 4 scene and maybe some of the Melee crowd are going to migrate to Ultimate overnight.
All of the WiiU players will move to Ultimate overnight, I agree with you. WiiU is the worst Smash Bros game. Ultimate can't possibly be as bad. The multiplayer aspect at least is shaping up to be better. I do think also most of the Melee players will move over as well. There's a reason that the invitational was 50% Melee players and 50% WiiU players. To show that Ultimate caters to both the Melee and the WiiU community equally.

I am sure the Fox amiibo will make the move to Ultimate too and win a few more pro level tournaments.

YIGAhim

Sole Survivor
All of the WiiU players will move to Ultimate overnight, I agree with you. WiiU is the worst Smash Bros game. Ultimate can't possibly be as bad. The multiplayer aspect at least is shaping up to be better. I do think also most of the Melee players will move over as well. There's a reason that the invitational was 50% Melee players and 50% WiiU players. To show that Ultimate caters to both the Melee and the WiiU community equally.

I am sure the Fox amiibo will make the move to Ultimate too and win a few more pro level tournaments.
Brawl was in no way better than Smash 4 for actual smashing. Subspace was the only thing about it people respected

Brawl was in no way better than Smash 4 for actual smashing. Subspace was the only thing about it people respected
People want to play on the best in their opinion or the latest. By the time WiiU came out, Brawl was no longer the latest and no longer the best (because Melee was for many people). That's why Brawl didn't get such a large fanbase cometitively.

YIGAhim

Sole Survivor
People want to play on the best in their opinion or the latest. By the time WiiU came out, Brawl was no longer the latest and no longer the best (because Melee was for many people). That's why Brawl didn't get such a large fanbase cometitively.
Part of it, but also because the gameplay on it and controls kinda sucked ass.

Part of it, but also because the gameplay on it and controls kinda sucked ass.
Melee > Brawl > WiiU
That's how it was in quality of game play. Nintendo is hoping Ultimate > Melee > Brawl > WiiU though so all the melee fans move over to Ultimate. It's looking good so far though.

HeroOfTime

Challenger Approaching!

Wait, did I read that right? You realize that you're rating Smash 4 below Brawl and N64, right?

Melee > Brawl > WiiU
That's how it was in quality of game play. Nintendo is hoping Ultimate > Melee > Brawl > WiiU though so all the melee fans move over to Ultimate. It's looking good so far though.

Melee is immune to dying out because a new Smash game came out. Brawl died when Smash 4 came out and Smash 4 will die when Ultimate comes out. But Melee is too different from all other Smash games to be affected by a new game. Sakurai admitted as much himself with a lot of the unintended mechanics in Melee not returning in subsequent games. As long as Melee is the only Smash with wave dashing and what not, that community will continue to thrive.

With the direct coming up, I totally am doing the bingo thing. I just made my card and I can't stop making changes to it, but I think I'm satisfied with it now. It doesn't count unless I post it. Struggled to think of things to include that wasn't just potential newcomers. Dropped most of the newcomer spaces in favor of more generalized spaces because specifics are bad for bingo. umu

unknown.png

if you want to use my template, here u go uwu

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom