• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Majora's Mask Smash Bros. Needs Young (not Toon) Link from Majora's Mask

Since Melee, I have been DYING for a Majora's Mask version of Young Link, and Brawl just made it worse. Imagine (in the style of the Pokemon Trainer) switching between the three transformation masks, utilizing different aspects of four Zelda-universe races, with Fierce Deity being Link's Final Smash.

Anybody think of any draw backs to this idea? OP would be a dangerous possibility. The last thing I would want would be for :majora: Link to be cheap or easily spammed.

A Link In Time

To Overcome Harder Challenges
ZD Legend
I too prefer Young Link, but since Toon Link has already been confirmed for SSB4, Young Link is unlikely to appear in the upcoming installment.

Sakurai tends to use more recent versions of characters in Smash Bros. Toon Link has played a significantly more prominent role in the Zelda franchise starring in three original games and a remake, while Young Link is present in only two games, one of them largely considered a side game.

There may be a chance Young Link is revisited in the future akin to your take if Majora's Mask is remade. Majora's Mask is an older game and although it's available for purchase on the Wii Virtual Console, the Wii's online services were admittedly under advertised so that hardly boosted the game exposure to a new audience.

Mask-Salesman

And now.. That imp has it
At first I was thinking we already had such a character in Melee, but your idea is awesome. I'd take it further and say Deku, Zora and Goron Link could be individual characters, just like the Skull Kid. Gawd, that would be awesome!

Sounds like too much of a hassle for one single character; heh, favoritism is more like it. And while it looks neat on paper, its final execution would probably seem unfair and a tad unbalanced in play. It also kind of comes off as wishlist-y, which is not bad on its own, but when one fails to factor in the desired character's functionality and its effect on gameplay, things become problematic. "Cheap and easily spammed" (sic) is a great way to put it. This is all assuming that we're talking about MM Link here; regular old Melee-style Young Link would be an awesome addition, though.

Also, er, Alit, pretty sure that Young Link has appeared in more than just two games...

As a fan of both Young Link & Toon Link, seeing Young Link again in SSB4 is unlikely to happen (because Toon Link already filled that void). Your idea of Young Link switching masks during gameplay sounds cool, though, but I don't know if it'll work very well unless him switching masks will be similar to Zelda's Down-B move when she becomes Sheik.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Young Link is vastly superior to Toon Link in all manners thought possible. Not to mention he isn't a floaty, cat-eyed piece of work. I prefer him and really wish he would be in SSB4, but sadly the chances of that happening are -15%. :/

Salem

SICK
Young Link is vastly superior to Toon Link in all manners thought possible. Not to mention he isn't a floaty, cat-eyed piece of work. I prefer him and really wish he would be in SSB4, but sadly the chances of that happening are -15%. :/
No, not really.

Snow Queen

Mannceaux Signature Collection
I don't see why Young Link should have a place in the stead of Toon Link. As of the release of TWWHD, Toon Link is far more relevant.

PhantomTriforce

I am a Person of Interest
I don't really see Young Link playing the way you suggested. I mean even if they were to include Young Link instead of Toon Link, I still think Down B would be bombs, since Sakurai is a fan of making Link and Young/Toon Link extremely similar.

In Ven's opinion, to which he is entitled, Young Link is superior to Toon Link due to his stats being slightly different to those of the latter [toon] Link. He has been described by the Smash community as "less floaty" and Ven doesn't like the fact that he's "cat-eyed," the latter of which is kind of silly (lol). But hey, opinions... :J

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Care to explain?

Wolf did my work for me. But...

YL's arrows have the flame property which cause folks to flinch more often. His arrows behave like a slow, heavier (?) variant of regLink's arrows. TL's arrows lack the flame property, and have a lighter flight - they don't have much of a noticeable drop.

YL is heavier than TL. I believe TL's aeria

ihateghirahim

The Fierce Deity
I like Toon Link, but really Young Link's return would be better. He's connected to OoT 3D, and any MM remake. Also, I think he's just a better character.

Then again, no Toon Link would sink any Wind Waker stages. I mean the OoT remake got a stage, and I would like another stage based on WWHD. Really, I'm not sure. Either way, Link will be awesome.

Fig

The Altruist
Am I'm one of the few who actually believe Toon Link is better than Young Link? :? To me, he just feels relevant compared to Young Link. Maybe it is because I like floaty characters (it's funny how I can destroy people with the floatier characters such as Toon Link) and that's probably why I'm defending Toon Link in this argument. Sure Toon Link's stats may not surpass Young Link's, but personally I think Toon Link's speed is what gives him the better edge than Young Link.

Wolf did my work for me. But...

YL's arrows have the flame property which cause folks to flinch more often. His arrows behave like a slow, heavier (?) variant of regLink's arrows. TL's arrows lack the flame property, and have a lighter flight - they don't have much of a noticeable drop.

YL is heavier than TL. I believe TL's aeria

Um, you can always play Project M 3.0 if you want the feel of Young Link.

In Ven's opinion, to which he is entitled, Young Link is superior to Toon Link due to his stats being slightly different to those of the latter [toon] Link. He has been described by the Smash community as "less floaty" and Ven doesn't like the fact that he's "cat-eyed," the latter of which is kind of silly (lol). But hey, opinions... :J

I understand his reasons for not liking Toon Link, but hating him just for his eyes is pretty nitpicky. But hey, an opinion's an opinion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom