• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Smash Bros Smash 5, or is it REALLY?

Threads relating to the Super Smash Bros series.

Is it REALLY going to be Smash 5?

• It will be an updated Smash 4

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

YIGAhim

Sole Survivor
Smash Switch is on its way, but we don't know much about it. We know it supposedly a new game, but so was Splatoon2, which many consider to basically be one giant Splatoon update.

Is this the case with Smash Switch? Will it be Smash 5, or is it just Sm4sh Deluxe?

Discuss

Turo602

Vocare Ad Pugnam
I'm pretty sure it's a brand new game as a new game means more amiibos and more DLC. However, I honestly wouldn't mind if they just built on the previous Smash. Keep all the same characters and stages, but with a new coat of paint, new characters, new stages, new assist trophies, updated costumes, updated movesets, and so on. But considering how much content the last game had, it seems like it would be overkill so I highly doubt that's the case.

Smash 5.

Kind of like why they didnt port Splatoon 1. Having both would split the player base.

Its been long enough since 4 for them to have a new game ready. With a new game they can hype it with character reveals and push DLC after release.

Even the way they revealed 5 makes sense. Had this been a 4 port they wouldn't have been so secretive.

There were around 60 characters in 4. There weren't 60 characters standing under the Smash Ball in the trailer. If it was 4 why would they be keeping things under wraps. We all know 4 why would they hold back on content we know is there?

They didn't drop a title either. If it was a port they probably would have.

There'll assets from 4 since 4 was the most balanced so i think the fighting will feel very similar but I think we're looking at a new game.

Hmm, I could see Smash 5 reusing the Smash 4 engine, similar to your Splatoon comparison, but with a slight upgrade in visuals, different modes, and different characters and stages.

Personally, I hope for a new game built from the ground up. But we won't know one way or the other until Sakurai confirms it. So people need to stop saying that It's either a new game or a port 100%.

Fig

The Altruist
Technically Smash Switch will be the sixth installment in the game (as Sakurai mentioned in several interviews how he views 3DS/Wii U Smash as two different games). It's definitely going to be a new game. The presentation and aesthetics of Smash Switch contrasts with the trailers for Smash 3DS/Wii U. Not to mention HAL Laboratory is developing the game rather than Bandai Namco. To hype the announcement of a new Smash with the Inklings in and Link having his Champion model from BotW, only for it to be a port of Smash 4/5 will be disappointing for fans.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom