• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Zelda Small Gods - Which Game Has It Best?

PapilioTempesta

Tots Som Pops
Forget about Hylia, the golden goddesses and such and such. Leave aside all this posh deities, it's time for the Small Gods!

So, small gods are all those powerfull spirits that protect one piece of land, a region, a race or whatever. They may be less magnificent that the upper gods, but they are closer to the people and sometimes even get to talk to Link. Yes! I'm talking about the light spirits of TPw, the great dragons of SS, the giants of MM, the Great Deku tree and Lord Jabu-jabu (I... guess?) for OoT and i don't know about any other games, but surely there are some.

So, what do you think? Which kind of small god is better, the mystical light spirits, the we're-supperior-than-you-in-every-way dragons, the wise, the strong, the hungry? Which ones did you like most? Which ones fulfilled their role of protectors?

BlitzPlum

That 3D Guy
I liked the dragons from SS, I liked their design and generally like how cool they were. But I have to go with the Four Giants. They have meaning and purpose to the story. They helped Link save the world physically rather than just giving advice. They're great, me love them.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
The giants if you can call them gods were the best in my opinion, not just because they're important to the story, but because they actually DO things. Stopping the moon was BA rather than calling upon Link to stop it. Having some backstory with the Skull Kid was pretty cool (although I'm not sure how that'd work exactly). You know, I like these big bad powerful entities to be involved with the story, and the Giants were just that.

PapilioTempesta

Tots Som Pops
I love Lord Jabu-Jabu. The whole character is strange and very funny: he looks like a fish that got too fat to get out of the river fountain, and the Zora started worshiping as a deity protector, but he doesn't do anything. In fact, he swallows the Zora Princess, and won't let you get in until you bring him something to eat. And that's the Zora's god. XD

I liked the Giants and the Dragons from SS. The Giants were trying to protect the world of Termina, but with Skull Kid and MM then they got trapped. So once Link let's them all free they work together to save the world form getting smashed. I like the Dragons in SS was because they did help you find the tri-force in some ways, by giving you parts of the song of the hero.

Shadsie

Sage of Tales
I like the ones that are personable - the ones that are very serious about protecting a paritcular people and who are important to the culture of that people. Valoo comes to mind, as does the Great Deku Tree and Jabu-Jabu. I like seeing how the cultures are built around them (Valoo giving the Rito their wings, for example, or how the Kokiri and the Koroks see the Great Deku Tree as their father).

The Dragons of SS were neat, but I found them to be a bit too aloof. The same goes for the Light Spirits of TP - they were there to protect the Light of the region, but it didn't seem that they had much of a relationship with the people.

EmptyElegy

Soldier of Ikana
I like the Giants and the Great Deku Tree.

The reason why I like the Four Giants is because, like some others said above, they actually help you physically by stopping the moon from falling, instead of just standing by and watching.

I like the Deku Tree because I find it touching how the Kokiri and Koroks look up to him, and how he looks after them like a fatherly figure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom