• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Slingshot?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zorth

#Scoundrel
Am I the only one thinking that the slingshot will be underpowered.. again?

In OoT the slingshot was the ''bow'' for child Link, So it was balanced. Although just as in TP Link will be able to use both items in SS. So my question being does anybody know the difference, pros and cons?

I remember the slingshot being weak and useless in TP, And I never touched it again when I got the bow, And the developers decided to have some fun with us and in the most confusing cavern in the game (Lake Hylia Cavern) where they give you pumpkin seeds as a reward if you come to the right room. :silent:

So what do you think?
Will you use the slingshot over the bow, will it be useless, overpowered or do you maybe even have some info? :clap:

Caelus

Sage of Wisdom
Useless?
Zelda_Skyward_Sword_1014_05.png

Definitely not.

we will see upgrades, stronger ammo and plenty of cool stuff. SS is known to be the smartest 3D Zelda yet' and i dubet that the slingshot will be underpowered. in TP the slingshot and the bow served the same functions, that it not the case in SS, so we will use it a lot too. i really want to be able to upgrade the slingshot into a crossbow, that will be amazing, and it would make sense too.

That, and the fact that the bow seems to have more of a sniping purpose, whereas the slingshot is for quick, medium-ranged combat.

wel am hooping that the slingshot will do good damage i can remember that it does weak damage compared to the bow but whit the controlls its a fast using quick damage dealing weapon while the bow needs more time to take controll of and get ready to shoot so i have my worries and also good feeilings

Zorth

#Scoundrel
Oh yeah, I totally forgot about the upgrades :O

Will be awesome I guess, Firing like 8 bullets in one shot, Extra damage and even more nifty things :D
Thanks guys.. you restored my hope <3

onidarklink2

An Hero of our Time
It definately isn't useless, at least not when it's fully upgraded, where it's basically a shotgun.
At longer ranges, I would definately choose the bow cause it's more powerful and accurate, but at closer ranges and when I'm up against multiple enemies at once, I would probably choose the Slingshot. Taking hordes of enemies out at close-meduim range w/ the fully upgraded slingshot/shotgun will probably be hella fun :devil:.

Useless?
Zelda_Skyward_Sword_1014_05.png

Definitely not.
Yah, that might be an upgrade, but apparently, it is called the "Scattershot". I think having multiple ammo being fired at once is a pretty neat feature, because, well... stronger enemies only get stunned by a single pellet usually... and you can't really do much if they're out of sword range--well, until you get the bow, that is. I'm just hoping that one fire only deducts the number of ammo left by one.

I'm pretty confident that there will still be a use for the slingshot even after we obtain the bow. I'm sure there are certain targets that won't work for the bow. Even if it's simple puzzles, Nintendo seems to have resolved a lot of issues with similar things in this game, so I think I'll trust that this one will also be resolved. Didn't they say there were multiple ways to kill enemies? Well, there are multiple items to do so.

Last edited:
It definately isn't useless, at least not when it's fully upgraded, where it's basically a shotgun.
At longer ranges, I would definately choose the bow cause it's more powerful and accurate, but at closer ranges and when I'm up against multiple enemies at once, I would probably choose the Slingshot. Taking hordes of enemies out at close-meduim range w/ the fully upgraded slingshot/shotgun will probably be hella fun :devil:.
And for all we know, there could be more upgrades for the slingshot. Personally, I'd like to see custom ammo, though I'd rather have it for the bow.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Meh, I suspect the Slingshot will be useless in all respects vs the bow. In real life, a bow would do MUCH more than a sling. Power-wise, dexterity-wise, you name it. Even in useless-ness the bow could outrank the Slingshot. o.o

I love the scatter shot, reminds me of the Hyper Slingshot back in OoA/OoS. Great thinking, Nintendo! :yes:

Ruby Link

He who started the fire
Well, in the SS gameinformer they mentioned that the slingshot can be upgraded to the "spreadshot", but then there's this scattershot shown in the picture Caelus posted. So it obviously has more than one upgrade, well, either that or you have to chose what you want out of the selection they give you.... or gameinformer 'effed up on the name. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom