• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Slightly Disapointed

H

harve

Ok, I’m not full out *****ing about the game, I am just a little disappointed about the changes they made. Does anyone else feel some of the changes didn’t need to be made? I understand a game needs to change with the times/console but some things just seemed liked they tried to fix something that wasn’t broken. I.E. the constant announcements when you find an item (amber relic, ect), the stamina, just little things like that. don’t get me wrong I still love all Zelda games. I do like the overall game play of SS.:(

RedDekuScrub

Red as the Crimson Sun
It only announces what Treasure or bug you get when you turn the game off and then back on, this also happened in Twilight Princess. As for the stamina gauge, I think it's a great improvement. It adds a more strategy and reality to the game. Miyamoto had talked about how he thought it was unrealistic and funny how Link could push and lift things 10X his size without getting tired. I think the game is great, but you have your opinion and I respect it.

Heroine of Time

Rest in peace, Paris Caper...
I agree that I don't like having the items announced every time I turn off and back on the console... but I like the stamina bar. My sister always complains about it, but I think it fits into Skyward Sword very well.

H

harve

I may just be acting like an old man about it then lol, I was just curious if I was the only one who felt a little dissapointed after the long wait they put us through

I agree with them, I LOVED the stamina meter. I hope they continue using it in future games. It added tension in a few boss fights when running was important. I agree with the notifications every time you restart your game. I hated it in twilight princess and I hated it in this game. I do not need to know what an amber relic is when a screen pops up and I have 26 in my inventory already. I do hope they remove this in future games.

i also love the stamina meter dash is soo great hope it to have it in more game im happy that it is only by bug and treasure it is still a pain in TP we had it whit the money it was so annoying

Onilink89

Nyanko Sensei
I liked the stamina meter, i always wanted somthing like pegasus boots in a 3d zelda game. This a good replacement =P.

But i have one slight dissapointment. Why...Why did they slightly changed the color of link's loftwing? The Ho-Oh coloring was awsome =(

2heiov5.jpg

Demise

Army Strong
I loved the stamina bar, plus it adds strategy when you get to a certain part in the game, you will need to be careful.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
The stamina bar is awesome, but it has its fair share of problems. NO upgrades for it besides a potion which lasts X amount of minutes. Refill time is still unrealistic, despite the realism of Link being tired after dashing/rolling/pushing/climbing/leaping for so long. Meh, nitpicks which in my opinion are actually problems exist around the stamina bar, but it's an awesome addition to the series.

That item text is ridiculous. You'd think that Nintendo being the awesome people they are would find a way to omit that stuff forever more, but they didn't. :(

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
I did not like the fact that the overworld became a dungeon very much, it made the overworld less attractive having loads of puzzles in it and less realistic. Nor do I like the announcement of getting items and bugs every time I loaded up my file. This was in TP also but there was not all those bugs to get so I noticed less. I think the stamina was OK but Link has always had superhuman strength, he was able to sword lock with Ganondorf who is probably 400+lbs and push him off balance even though the guy has the triforce of power and is capable of ripping through metal chains which were an inch thick and destroying a castle. This link would not have been able to do that. Then again that could have been possible through the fact he had the Triforce of courage in that game. In this game he did not get the triforce and therefore would have just been a regular guy. I also did not like the Item menu and the fact that although you assign it to B you have to use with A and then put away with B.

jugglaj91

I am me....
The only thing that disappointed me (so far) is the overworld/surface area. Making them out to be mini dungeons/puzzles just sucks all the fun out of it. Yes it is an interesting idea, and I liked it at first, but when it is done over and over again it gets tedious and tiresome very fast. I do like the limitations of the stamina feature, but wish there was a way to extend it sooner. The potion does not come in soon enough and it seems to run out way too fast. Especially in the desert and the quicksand. Overall though I do enjoy the game it is just those couple things that drag me down when playing it. Oh, the item collection popping up does bug me a little too but not as much as I thought it would. If it could show up a little less, like if you've caught x amount it wont pop up anymore or something. Well that's my 2 cents worth.

Maikeru

Piper of Time
I don't like being told what item I got every time I turn the console back on. I have 30 of them in my bag, I think I know what it is. I wasn't too bothered by it though, it only lasted a couple of seconds. I would have liked if when I opened a chest with rupees in it, with my wallet full, that it would put the rupee back in the chest however.

I loved the Stamina Meter. I do have a couple complaints though. Mainly that Link can't run on solid ground for longer without getting tired and that there was no real upgrades. It was alright for a first attempt, but it would be nice if Link could run on solid ground further. Not a huge deal, but yeah.

Last edited:
The item announcements are just idiotic. The stamina gauge is awesome. I love the fact that there is stuff to do in the overworld now, but I hate the lack of exploration. Nintendo needs to find a happy medium between the two. Keep the added height to the overworld, but give us hidden secrets and places that we can choose to explore for no real reason. Also, villages and towns would be nice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom