• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Sleeping Positions!

arkvoodle

Diabolical
C2FL

Yes! It's that time again everyone. Time for another weird thread! xD

Today's topic; What side of the bed do you sleep on and in what position?

If you're having trouble understanding what that means, think of it like this. Do you sleep facing left or right. On your back sleeping on the right? Or on your side sleeping on the left? Got it? :)

I personally vary how I sleep. If i'm in a restless mood i'll normally sleep on my back with my right hand under the pillow (because it's cold :P) and my left hand just laying there or under the pillow as well. My most common way of sleeping is on my right side, facing the room on the right side of the bed. This is because of some weird paranoia that someone could creep into my room at night and murder me and I wouldn't be able to see them coming D:

In the last moment I had an idea for another question, so; What kind of bed do you have?

I have a single bed because my room is small. *waits in anticipation for everyone saying "I have a king sized bed! Hah hah!" :()

Krazy4Krash

Staff member
I have a single bed. :( I don't mind its width, but its length is now a bother to me. As I have gotten much taller in the last 18 months, I reckon it's time for an upgrade.

I cannot sleep on my left shoulder or my back. I find it extremely uncomfortable. I always sleep on my stomach or right shoulder, with my right arm almost always under my pillow.

Last edited:
I typically sleep on my side. I usually sleep on my right side, facing the wall, but sometimes I'll sleep the other way. It's impossible for me to fall asleep while laying on my back or my stomach; I just can't. I also usually have my hands laying beside or under the pillow, unless it's cold, then I'll probably have them under the blanket.

I have a twin-sized bed. I've been sleeping in it for over 9 years, so you can imagine it's not quite the preferrable size anymore. It's pretty comfortable, but it needs to be longer. Usually a few inches of my feet will hang off the bed, but if I bend my knees - which I usually do - it's all good. :yes:

ShadowDiety

Nanomachines, son.
Usually I sleep on my side, it's just so much more comfortable that way.

I actually just got a queen-sized bed yesterday from my old twin-sized. Sometimes me and my pillows fell off while sleeping. Not very pleasant...especially when the next day is a work day.

Jimmu

Administrator
Staff member
ZD Champion
Administrator
I usually sleep on either side as I find it more comfortable.
A few weeks ago I upgraded from a single bed to a double, I can be a pretty restless sleeper so this is great. While we are on the subject of beds apparently on Sunday at 4am I yelled Tobuscus really loud in my sleep, the 2 friends that were awake told me the next morning and I never remember my dreams so I have no idea why I yelled Tobuscus....

*M i d n a*

Æsir Scribe
I just keep tossing and turning, so it is safe to say I sleep in various positions as the night goes on. My favorite position is probably chest down with my face turned aside, I seem to get a good rest that way.

Dan

I have a single bed because I don't have anyone to share it with...
forever_alone_by_foreveraloneplz.png

Although after making out with my pillow I normally sleep on my side.

misskitten

Hello Sweetie!
I have a single bed (until next month, then I'm gonna upgrade to a double) so I don't have a preferred side just yet. And I sleep on my stomach, both hands crossed under my pillow, one leg usually bent with the footblade touching the calf of the other (I vary between it being the right leg and left leg) I usually have my head turned to the left, but it also happens that I turn to the right, also. I do also sleep part of the night on my side, usually towards the right and because my back gives me trouble at times I try to sleep part of the night in a fetal position in order to put less strain on my back - however I always end up on my stomach in the end...

Cel-Shaded Deku

Ha ha, charade you are!
Rapin' your churches, burnin' your women!
I can sleep in every normal sleeping position. I usually fall asleep on either of my sides but I can still sleep on by back or belly. I must be turning a lot because I usually wake up in a different position. Noting else (hands under pillow, leg position, etc.) matters, and they change all he time, too.

My bed is a double bed. I don't know how beds are measured (king size, queen sized, etc.) but I do know that the length of mine is about my height, the with is a little less than my arm span, and it is about a foot (literal foot) above the ground. It's actually pretty small for the size of my room.

amaterasu

Writer
I sleep on either side or on my belly, one arm shoved under my pillow, the other on top of the pillow or on the other side of me, one leg stretched out and the other bent in the weirdest way.

I've got a queen bed so I have plenty of space, even though I only use half of it.

Nicole

luke is my wife
I take it a single bed is equivalent to a twin-sized bed, because that's what I have. It's got just enough room for me. If I actually stretched out when I sleep, it wouldn't be nearly long enough. But since I sleep with my legs bent (kinda halfway in fetal position lol) it's okay. I actually have my bed up against the wall, without a headboard or footboard. The wall is my footboard. Yeah, I sleep facing the wall, not up against the wall. Pretty sure most people sleep up against the wall, but I have never done that with my bed where it is, and I don't plan on changing that any time soon because it'd be too weird and uncomfortable for me to sleep. Actually, scratch that, I have fallen asleep facing the middle of the room, but only when say I was taking a nap because I was just flat out exhausted.

I just decided to make a diagram since it's hard to describe:

C6Ir

I usually sleep on my side, in halfway fetal position. lol. I usually toss and turn a little bit, so I'll end up falling asleep on either side. Doesn't really matter left or right.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom