• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Sleep Paralysis

About a week ago I woke up on my back with the covers over my face and I could not move for about 10 seconds I even yelled "Help!". I found out that this is Sleep Paralysis. I think that was the very first time I ever experienced that in my life. I found out a few people in my family has had that happen to them too. Have any of you had Sleep Paralysis before? If so how often does it occur and what did you think the first time it happened to you? How long are you paralyzed when it happens?

Hasn't happened to me I believe, but a friend of mine ocassionally suffers from it. According to his acount, it happens when he's stressed out, so taking the edge off helps him deal with it.

I occasionally get this. Not sure how genuine it is though, as I am still able to move my eyelids. So I usually just close my eyes and wait for it to be over. I have had one episode that was for sure real sleep paralysis, though.

I also sometimes wake uo, but not all the way, and am unable to move my limbs for a couple minuets, but without the hallicinations.

ZeldafreakCJM

Hey there, it's me.
I experience it every now and again, but I only experience a sense of paralysis and a general uneasiness, I never see anything but blackness.

Oddly enough, I recognize what it is most of the time and immediately snap myself out of it.

Beauts

Rock and roll will never die
I used to get sleep paralysis when I was younger. I still have nightmares as an adult but it's been a few years since I got paralysed. I used to see someone standing at the end of my bed when it happened but it wouldn't go on for longer than twenty seconds at most.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom