• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Skyward Swords References to Other Zelda Games.

A similar post has probably already been created, but I couldnt find it so I'll just start a new one. I am trying to figure out all the ways Skyward Sword references past Zelda games, and I would like some help. So please post if you know some ways Skyward Sword references other Zelda games.

N

Nero1514

i never noticed the Faron spring one and if you go to the sealed temple and before you go in the temple, if you look up you can see some of the medallions from OoT.

MiniMouseofPyru

The Notorious M.O.P.
When you shoot a Gossip Stone with an arrow then a green rupee will pop out, reference to the first Zelda game where firing an arrow costs one rupee.
The Kikwi on top of the Great Tree and the Parella that guides you to The Water Dragon, Faron both say "It's a secret to everybody". This is the same thing Rupee-paying Moblins said in the original Zelda.
The Tingle doll.
The ghost hand who appears in the Cawlins Letter sidequest also appeared in Majora's Mask and the Oracle of Ages. In all those games, the hand asks for paper.
Once the Isle of the Goddess fall onto the Sealed Grounds, go under the part that connects the Isle of the Goddess to the Sealed Temple. Look up and in the center of the ceiling you will see the Sages' Medallions from Ocarina of Time.
I've also read that the 3 Dragons are references to the Great Fairies from Ocarina of time, but I don't know how. The three Dragons remind me more of the deities from The Wind Waker.

In the opening Skyward Sword trailer if the background song ( ballad of the goddess) is played backwards it makes sonds like Zelda's Lullaby.

-Zelda's Lullaby
-Tingle Plush Doll in Zelda's bedroom.
-Faron Spring (TP)
-Beedle was also in Wind Waker
-Medallions from OOT
-Hand asking for paper was also in MM.

the three teachers names spell out horned owl Gapora. their rooms are even set up in the right order.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom