• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Skyward Sword's Ratings

T

TheBayzer

I am hoping for anything between E10-T, anything past that would probably fail.

T

The Wind Fish

I think T would be good. I like E 10+ and all that, but for some reason I enjoy T games the most. I like darker games. I don't really care, but as long as it is fun...

Abbs

I think it's pretty obvious that Nintendo is shooting for a game in the E range. A T game for Zelda is a rarity, and an M game, although something that would be a kind of cool change for Zelda, isn't going to happen.

Zelda is aimed toward family friendly fun, so Link with mixed in with blood, gore, and machine guns isn't going to be in the kid's section.

Most likely an E10+. That was the case with Spirit Tracks, and with a less mature tone than that of Twilight Princess, an E10+ seems likely. But I do have one quick question. Why is TP rated T for "Animated Blood?" I didn't see any blood at all in Twilight Princess, and I've played it twice. Anyone care to elaborate for me?

Raven

Former Hylian Knight
I'm gunning for the E10+ rating myself. Spirit Tracks got it because of the themes it dealt with (Zelda becomes a ghost), and TP got the T rating with it's realistic graphics but SS seems much brighter than TP so I don't think it will be a T game. But I still hope that the game will deal with some mature themes like ST did. I don't really care what the graphics look like as long as the story can be just as dark as MM, and that game was rated E for crying out loud. If the E10+ rating had existed back then I'm sure MM would have gotten it but as it stands if MM could be E, than an E10+ SS could in theory have an even darker plot... I just hope they slip something in there that really sends chills up my spine, even if it's only an area or a dungeon. I want some kind of content in this game that shows the Zelda series still has a mature side even if the game is meant for a wide range of ages.

K

khalil

I don't care to much for ratings. As long as there isn't too much blood/gore/violence, I'll be fine with it. Zelda isn't a mature game when it comes to violence or blood. While there is blood in some games, ((((((it isn't too overboard like buckets of blood are spewing out of every monster))))).

As for this game, I'm hoping for an E10 or T rating. I think these ratings could pretty much fit what Zelda has(at least E10). I do agree a little bit with Ember about the fact that a T rating wouldn't hold things like plot back.

Like I said, I'll probably play this game otherwise. I just don't want to see an M-rated Zelda.
that would be really really cool to see in zelda

Aero_Dynamic

エアロダイナミック
I feel that it should be AT LEAST at the most an E10 rating. A T rating for Skyward Sword would be likely though, with violence and stuff. But really, I'm pretty sure it's gonna be a E10.

athenian200

Circumspect
a place of settlement, activity, or residence.
I would like it to be rated E or E10 at most, because I really find the sort of things you see in T or M rated games to be disgusting, shallow ways of drawing people in. Higher ratings usually just lead to them making the game graphic instead of relying on gameplay to carry the game.

I did not particularly care for the darkness and heaviness of the one T rated game in the series, and I don't want to see them go in that direction again.

Shadsie

Sage of Tales
Hmmm. Not that I pay attention to ratings much.... I mean, I grew up on NES which was before there were a slew of ratings.

All I know is that I *don't* want to see an M-rated Zelda title. I think the wide appeal is an intregal part of the LoZ series. I mean, I can come on here (an adult) and talk with other fans about the series and/or a particular titlte with fellow adults, teenagers, and even people as young as 12 or 13. I think that wide-appeal and wide-availablity is good thing to have.

Not that there aren't idiot parents who buy their 8 year olds M-rated games, but... yeah. I like Link as an upstanding boy-hero, not as a dark knight blood elf or whatever goes on in heavier games.

knowlee

Like a river's flow, it never ends...
I do not want SS to be rated 'M'. Like previously stated on here, it wouldn't be a true Zelda game if it was given this rating. Zelda is supposed to be for everyone, not just for a select few. As for the 'T' rating, eh, I'm kinda so-so on the idea. Don't get me wrong I liked TP, but still it kinda falls into the same category as alienating the other Zelda players who aren't able to who don't prefer to play those types of games. I'd like for it to be rated either an 'E' or 'E10'. That way it wouldn't alienate players and also no one would have to worry about what the content was in that game.

PhantomTriforce

I am a Person of Interest
Audience is an important factor, and that is probably why the recent Zelda games have been easy. It's because they want casual and hardcore gamers buying their games, not just casual. As for the age ratings, it would be most appropriate for it to be an E game, but if it's T, I'm still fine with it. I don't think we'll see an M Zelda game.

Shnappy

derp
As long as my parents allow me to buy it, I really don't care. In other words, it should not be M rated. However, I feel that discussing M ratings would be a little redundant. The vast majority of Zelda fans are opposed do such a rating, me included, because of Zelda's "all ages" sort of nature. Besides, there is pretty much a 0% chance Nintendo would do that anyway. They are smart enough to know that everyone would complain if they went Gears of War on us, and even if they did, the unusual over the top nature would make the game really suck in my opinion.

As for E or T, I would prefer more of an E10 or T rating. I know that Nintendo has made a ton of great E rated games, specifically in the Zelda series, and I'm not saying the game wouldn't be great if it was suitable for an E rating. However, graphics are getting more realistic very quickly. Generally, in combat based games like Zelda, realistic graphics are considered more extreme and receive higher ratings by the ESRB. And besides, the ESRB gave T ratings to games like SSBM and SSBB. I don't see them giving an E rating to Skyward Sword, even if it has the amount of darkness and violence that MM or OoT had (I feel that those games would have been E10 if the rating was created yet).

These are the ESRB's definitions of T and E rated games.

Titles rated T (Teen) have content that may be suitable for ages 13 and older. Titles in this category may contain violence, suggestive themes, crude humor, minimal blood, simulated gambling, and/or infrequent use of strong language.
Titles rated E (Everyone) have content that may be suitable for ages 6 and older. Titles in this category may contain minimal cartoon, fantasy or mild violence and/or infrequent use of mild language.
Looking at these "definitions", it kind of seems like SS should hopefully be kind of in between. The only thing that will decide its rating will be the amount of violence it has. A game with an E rating has mild violence. I don't want a Zelda game with the graphical capabilities of the Wii to have "mild violence". However, the T rating includes suggestive themes, crude humor, minimal blood and infrequent use of strong language. According to TP's ESRB rating, it gained T because of fantasy violence and animated blood. I don't really remember any blood in it, but I think that ESRB saw some kind of blood which bumped it from E10 to T. I hope that SS doesn't have any blood (because that would be weird with cel-shading), but I hope that it has enough violence and darkness/realism for today's ESRB to give it an E10 as opposed to an E. But, to be honest, the rating isn't that important to me. ESRB is kind of crazy and gives unfair ratings to many games, so even if SS gets T or E, I will most likely still be able to enjoy it as much as I would if it gets my desired rating of E10.

I think Skyward Sword should be rated E. I don't agree with T because I think this rating is sort of misplaced by industry. Here's the best example I can think of: Harry Potter. Those who have watched any HP movie know about the contents this series carries. Well, these are supposed to be aimed at kids, and nobody sees any problems with it. Seriously, parents that think Harry Potter is suited to be watched by their kids shouldn't prohibit them of playing T rated games.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom