• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Skyward Sword's Music Lacking

Am I the only person who was slightly disappointed by Skyward Sword's music? Don't take it the wrong way. It was good, but it could have been better. I mean, there was nothing that really stood out, like the Song of Storms, Molgera's theme, Lost Woods, etc. It just felt rather toned down to me.

blubb

Ash Gala Wonderful!
Hmm maybe it's nostalgia for you and the songs in this games will grow onto you after a couple years? I don't know, I liked most of the music in this game. And while I don't think that any of the songs are "classic" yet, that may still come, possibly for the Faron Woods, Sealed Grounds and Eldin Stealth themes, they have a lot of potential! But I must admit I had expectations of a returning main theme and a remix of aLttP's Dark World theme, but well I guess one can't have everything...

I did like the song in the trailer though. But I don't remember it being in the game much. Plus, it was Zelda's Lullaby backwards, so I don't know if it really counts as a new song. The main menu theme was nostalgic though.

Ochibi

An enthusiastic nobody.
Well compared to the score for Super Mario Galaxy, my expectations were set a little too high.
In SMG, you could really hear the crisp sound of the orchestra. In SS, I was slightly disappointed. Though my ear isn't trained, it seemed like that the songs weren't actually 'fully' orchestrated. The only time the orchestrated quality struck out to me was during cutscenes and boss battles.

Sure, the songs weren't as catchy or memorable, but you still have to admit, they really capture the mood-- Epic fights-- phenomenal to Skyloft-- charming to the core. You may not be able to hum them but you could certainly listen to them and not get bored.

Who knows, maybe in a couple of years, these songs can be considered classics? With the direction this industry is going, it certainly seems so.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I didn't like the normal battle theme for the common encounter. It was nothing like OoT or TP's battle theme (I especially loved TP's), meaning it didn't drive me to battle. Really, I didn't like much of the music except for Romance Theme, SS Main Theme, The Sky theme and the Credits Theme (Zelda's Lullaby doesn't count – it's like the Dearly Beloved of Zelda). I admit, I loved Ghirahim's theme because it was slightly creepy, but SS' music is nowhere near memorable imo. Truthfully speaking, I cannot remember any of the dungeon themes, nor can I remember any of the overworld themes.

Maffiline

nirorlei
I liked it. No, I loved the music. Sadly, none of them are that memorable to me at the moment. I can easily depict each instrument, or the family it's in, within each track in the game. I am a musician--oh. I can play a few themes too but that's getting a little bit off topic there..
The Skyloft theme sticks though because I can hear the woodwind(s), I think flute or another woodwind, at the start as it's a famous type of notation used throughout history, and it's just a relief to me and..well it just sticks.
Another is the "romance" theme which, even though it's not used frequently in Skyward Sword and only at the beginning when you're first talking with Zelda and her father/flying with Zelda on your "date". It's a cute theme--and I can play the violin "solo" part.

Every other theme, I know them when I listen but I cannot remember them. Forgive me, even the Ballad of the Goddess and Fi's themes bring tears to my eyes, I cannot seem to remember them..well okay. A little bit of the Goddess's theme.

Nicholas

The legend of nick
Really skyward sword music lacking......

Well play ballad of the goddess in reverse and see how lacking it is.
I dont mean to sound mad

TrueChaos

Defender of Hyrule
it was good that it was all orchestrated but the musis wasn't as good as previous games. it was good, but no tunes were really that catchy

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom