• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler Skyward Sword's Darker Side.

Is Skyward Sword Darker than we thought? (read thread first)

• I have to say yes, so much shadow themed monsters 'n' stuff

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, it's not even dark. It's nowhere near dark compared to TP and MM

• You're crazy

• Total voters

Katelynn

Flirtatously Flirty
Okay, with the explosion of the newest release dates, and over a million new trailers, I decidd to take some things into account.

At one point, we see Link trying to get away from God Zilla (my fan name :P) This thing look very much like the "Whale" that "Eats" Zelda. Now, we know that's it's actually real.

Then, Link is flying on his Loft Bird, chasing after an Evil Flying "Whale" literaly. It looks very similar to the Wind Fishes design too.

3rd, ink is attacked by an unseen Squid-like creature, well, just it's pink tentacles. What are these things?

4th, Zelda must still be alive becuase we see Zelda in a Pure white gown. Her braids in white, and her hair is let down in the back, Ghirahim jumps in and I assume finally reaching his goal.

^ they're also in what looks like, part of Skyloft. and people have pointed out that Link and Ghirahim would fight in Skyloft.^

Why are all these enimies Water related? There isn't an ocean, just nver-ending clouds.

Post your thoughts about thses occourances please!!

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
At one point, we see Link trying to get away from God Zilla (my fan name :P) This thing look very much like the "Whale" that "Eats" Zelda. Now, we know that's it's actually real.

Then, Link is flying on his Loft Bird, chasing after an Evil Flying "Whale" literaly. It looks very similar to the Wind Fishes design too.

3rd, ink is attacked by an unseen Squid-like creature, well, just it's pink tentacles. What are these things?

4th, Zelda must still be alive becuase we see Zelda in a Pure white gown. Her braids in white, and her hair is let down in the back, Ghirahim jumps in and I assume finally reaching his goal.

^ they're also in what looks like, part of Skyloft. and people have pointed out that Link and Ghirahim would fight in Skyloft.^

Why are all these enimies Water related? There isn't an ocean, just nver-ending clouds.

Post your thoughts about thses occourances please!!

This "Sky Whale," as I call it, could very well be the Wind Fish. I mean to says it's a possibility, not that it will happen. Others have pointed out that "Godzilla" could be an enemy, though, since Link has his sword drawn as his Loft Bird glides among those eyes on stalks. :bleh:

The tentacles are from an enemy yet to be seen. I'm actually glad they didn't show the rest of it, because I don't want the entire game given away in about two days. (Trust me, with all this new info, it seems like I'm getting spoiled from it).

Yes, Zelda is still very much alive. She was only swallowed up by the Sky Whale (good or evil :dry:) and carried off, either as a device of Ghirahim's or by the Goddesses as a means to preserve her for coronation.

^These things have yet to be seen, thankfully. We haven't even scratched the surface of the main plot, I'm sure. o.o

Pen

The game is on!
I really love dark plots! And I'd really want Skyward Sword to be yet another dark Zelda game. This flying whale in the clouds is probably a cursed Lord Jabu-Jabu I think. It looks similar to him (except for those long things coming out of him...).

geek4887

The Unknown
It should have some dark moments. I'm pretty sure they didn't use a similar type of TP Link's design, just to make a light-hearted Zelda game. It doesn't make the most sense to me. So, I am expecting some dark moments in Skyward Sword.

Caelus

Sage of Wisdom
I don't think it will be ultra-dark like Twilight Princess, but it will certainly have many dark moments to intensify the story. I mean, it's rated E10+, so it can't be TP dark by any means.

The rating of the game has little to do with the darkness of the story, just the art style. TP had rabid enemy design and monsters that realistically look like they could kill you. SS has none of that, it won't give children nightmares, so it doesn't have a T rating.

Using the rating of a game to determine story darkness is a silly concept. MM was rated E and is one of the darkest Zeldas, and TP was not very dark at all to me, except in atmosphere. SS doesn't have a dark atmosphere, it's more adventurous and fantasticaly, but it could easily have a dark story.

geek4887

The Unknown
SS has none of that, it won't give children nightmares, so it doesn't have a T rating.
That was pretty funny :lol: Anyways, that's pretty true! Although what I don't get is why Ocarina of Time got an E rating, even though it showed human, well, err, Gerudo blood. It didn't make sense to me. THAT game should've gotten a T.

The rating of the game has little to do with the darkness of the story, just the art style. TP had rabid enemy design and monsters that realistically look like they could kill you. SS has none of that, it won't give children nightmares, so it doesn't have a T rating.

Using the rating of a game to determine story darkness is a silly concept. MM was rated E and is one of the darkest Zeldas, and TP was not very dark at all to me, except in atmosphere. SS doesn't have a dark atmosphere, it's more adventurous and fantasticaly, but it could easily have a dark story.

Totally agree. Art style and things like blood and disturbing video scenes are the factors that influence the rating of the game. This has nothing to do with how 'dark' it is. Final Fantany 6 was a very dark game. I don't know the exact rating, but I doubt it was anything impressive.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom