• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Skyward Sword Zelda FPS Style

Zorth

#Scoundrel
Don't like it that much.. Liked the TP 3rd Person close up alot more.
It just seems weird IMO.. It's like the GC version of TP.
But I don't have that much of a problem with it.. As long as it's fun. :)

zeldahuman

Graphic Designer
I like that style of FPS. I like how you can move before you aim. Makes it very nice, it out-shines Twilight Princess's FPS by far!

Cuju

私はカウントダウンを実行します。
That is awsome! Now FPS fans can just play it as a FPS once they get the Bow. I like how you can also move around when your looking around, wich means even more FPS content. I'm not saying it makes the game better to have FPS gameplay, it's just a cool feature that I think I'll enjoy.

That looks pretty fun. If I had to nitpick one thing though, it would be that the bow is kinda low on the screen. You may be able to raise it, but it just seems to be a liability. I can't judge it as it is now though; only in the final game. That being said, the first person bow shooting has been in all 3D Zeldas if I'm not mistaken; the player just couldn't move. It should be interesting though.

I think you can do something similar to this in both Wind Waker and Twilight Princess. If you L/Z-target without having any enemy around to actually target with the bow, you are pretty much able to walk around freely like this--well, minus the first-person part of course. I'm pretty sure that's what the player of the demo was doing, so I think Nintendo just gave the first-person shooter-esque perspective to the bow when you're targeting enemies from a distance since so many gamers nowadays are into it, so it will be an easy change to adapt to for the Zelda series (sadly, I am not one of those gamers).

If I were to guess, you'd probably still have the typical bow & arrow screen to manually aim without targeting--and probably won't be in first-person perspective. But... who knows until two more months when it is released.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
FPS Zelda done! I think it is pretty wellknown by now that Zelda + FPS elements still won't destroy the series or even that individual game. I welcome this somewhat different choice in gameplay with open arms :3

Caelus

Sage of Wisdom
I think it would be awesome for puzzles to be done in FPS mode- there should be an entire dungeon where you obtain the bow and arrow and can feature FPS-style gameplay.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom