• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Skyward Sword, Will It Be Game of the Year?

Zorato

"Frocobo says die!"
I dont think Skyrim or Skyward will win, Batman has this one down, or uncharted. Batman is easily a 10/10. 30+ hours of interesting story sidequests riddler stuff, freaking annoying challenge maps, etc. Skyrim may have supposed 500 hours, but I have a feeling the side quests are going to be like Infamous's very very repetitive.

Edit: Also, you guys need to realize making a good superhero game is VERY hard to do. Arkham Asylum won a GOTY, and Arkham city is even better. Been given tens from alot of people. Not hard to make a good Zelda game, meaning none of the Zeldas have been bad, but the majority of Batmans have been bad, so when a good one comes around, its special. All elder scolls have been good all Zeldas have been good. And I think when A fanchise that has had mostly bad game rep, gets two great, no perfect games, its sure does affect some GOTY lists.

Last edited:
I dont think Skyrim or Skyward will win, Batman has this one down, or uncharted. Batman is easily a 10/10. 30+ hours of interesting story sidequests riddler stuff, freaking annoying challenge maps, etc. Skyrim may have supposed 500 hours, but I have a feeling the side quests are going to be like Infamous's very very repetitive.

What?! Batman possibly but not Uncharted. Drake's Deception is not nearly as acclaimed as its predecessor.

Rinku

Suupa Saiya-jin
Uncharted 3 got 10/10 in IGN. I've heard IGN are Zelda lovers so I still have high hopes that SS will get a 10/10 also.

Draymorath

Destroyer of Destruction
Well, I hope it is. It's original in gameplay, graphics, and story (and other things I can't think to mention). Unlike SOME games that are the exact same game as it's predecessor (*cough*MW3*cough*). I hope it actually manages to get past Skyrim. Skyrim is a HUGE obstacle in the way between Skyward Sword and the great title, Game of the Year. Well, at least it won't be Call of Duty! Ho ho ho ho!

*Then MW3 gets the cake*
...Figures. :dry:

S

SS,OoT,WW,TP

Skyward Sword should beat the other games (I hope!!!), because I am in a bet with my friends, if zelda wins they will actually try the game! Which is good because no one I know personally is a zelda fan :( And by the way mw3 doesn't deserve to be the game of the year, because about 3/5 of the world's population plays cod! That would be overkill!

Last edited by a moderator:

Cyg

One-Winged Skyward Angel
Skyward Sword should beat the other games (I hope!!!), because I am in a bet with my friends, if zelda wins they will actually try the game! Which is good because no one I know personally is a zelda fan :( And by the way mw3 doesn't deserve to be the game of the year, because about 3/5 of the world's population plays cod! That would be overkill!

GOTY doesn't depend on how many people play it, it's how good the game is. MW3 doesn't deserve to be game of the year not because that much of the world's population plays it (and btw, it's a LOT smaller than that), but because IT IS THE SAME GAME OVER AND OVER AGAIN! :mad: Those people say mario bros is the same game over and over again but look at the difference between MW2 and MW3. The difference is... *drumroll* NOTHING!!!

Well, I hope it is. It's original in gameplay, graphics, and story (and other things I can't think to mention). Unlike SOME games that are the exact same game as it's predecessor (*cough*MW3*cough*).

agreed ^_^

But unfortunately, most of the people at game review sites are people who like being ripped off of their money by being sold the same game over and over again :mad:. My prediction because of this, is that Skyward Sword will win some GOTY awards, but other games (MW3) will probably win more :dry:

The game industry is leaning more towards gritty realism these days so Skyward Sword will be at a disadvantage. I doubt it will win many GOTYs.

Not like it matters though. Many places have opened voting for Skyward Sword and Skyrim before they are released. That automatically invalidates the whole thing since blind fanboys can vote without actually knowing what they are voting for.

Ariel

Think for yourself.
Guess what, Skyrim didn't hit it out of the park.

I think we have our winner.

Skyward Sword, followed closely by Batman or Portal 2. Unless (and I don't think this is likely) that Assassins Creed just absolutely smashes it, but it won't.

Ariel

Think for yourself.
It appears from other reviews that Skyward Sword didn't hit it out of the park either.

I think we're at a three way tie here between Batman, Zelda, and Skyrim, and possibly Portal 2 if you must ask.

It appears from other reviews that Skyward Sword didn't hit it out of the park either.

I think we're at a three way tie here between Batman, Zelda, and Skyrim, and possibly Portal 2 if you must ask.

Batman, Skyward Sword, and Skyrim all have 96s on Metacritic. SS has the last reviews, however, and can still fluctuate for better or for worse. But seriously no game can ever quite hit it out of the park again like Ocarina of Time did in 1998.

If I saw anything about Skyrim last night it would be the small fact that the game is fairly buggy. I'm definitely sure that Skyward Sword will offer us loads of fun without all the bugginess of a world the size of Skyrim. Oh, and my friend's game bugged out at the very beginning at that. Just saying.

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
Batman, Skyward Sword, and Skyrim all have 96s on Metacritic. SS has the last reviews, however, and can still fluctuate for better or for worse. But seriously no game can ever quite hit it out of the park again like Ocarina of Time did in 1998.

So who else are we awaiting reviews from?

Skyward Sword is definitely a hero in my book, but to see him go up against the illustrious Batman is huge! And if Link surpasses the Bat, that'll be saying a lot, as Arkham City is supposed to be Gotham's hero at his best.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom